Black Hills Corp- Business Liaison, Shipping Services (Denver, CO)Posted: February 1, 2017
Job Title: Business Liaison, Shipper Services (30719)
PAY RANGE: $63,900 – $79,850 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 13, 2017.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
Supports and develops functionality for Quorum applications (QPTM, TIPS, QDOD, ESUITE, and QQM) in order to provide project support to the Shipper Services team. The Business Liaison will work directly with and provide support for business users from across multiple business departments, IT team members and external vendor consultants. The Business Liaison, Shipper Services will be responsible for capital and expense budgeting, business case development, problem resolution, enhancements, and upgrade implementations for the Quorum applications, FileNet, and other applications and websites that are utilized by the Shipper Services team. The Business Liaison, Shipper Services will be responsible for managing business applications Support agreements and Statements of Work in conjunction with internal Supply Chain and Project management teams. The Business Liaison, Shipper Services will be responsible for multiple small to large projects throughout the year. Project responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, documenting functional requirements, design, test scripts and developing solutions according to business objectives. Additionally, the Business Liaison will be responsible for providing overall support to the Gas Scheduling team. This support includes, but is not limited to, participating in planning, problem solving, scoping, and business requirements discussions; and working directly with team members to resolve customer inquiries or system issues.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Manager, Shipper Services
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works directly with Shipper Services team Manager, Supervisor and staff to document, formalize and maintain detailed system requirements. Works with third party vendors as well as internal resources to develop and deploy support and project solutions (e.g., configurations, etc.) per business requirements.
- Develops and monitors budgeted and actual expenditures. Provides approvals as necessary.
- Participate in Shipper Services department as well as company meetings, discussions and initiatives which may include revising Tariff language to eliminate ambiguity or in support of new transportation services as well as other efforts as they arise.
- Assist Gas Scheduling team in diagnosing and resolving system, process, and data issues.
- Partner with Gas Scheduling team to improve daily scheduling, volume allocation, and customer invoicing processes and procedures.
- Provide advisory support to Gas Scheduling team related to daily, monthly, and non-routine gas scheduling, shipper and operator customer service, volume allocations, invoicing, and related matters.
- Functionally understands and works to have expert knowledge of applications of which the role is responsible.
- Lead role in production support and issue resolution management activities including the management of all Statements of Work and Quorum application Support agreements.
- Manages business unit systems budgets to help ensure budgetary needs are kept on task and to try and alleviate potentially unnecessary Capital or Expense budget expenditures.
- Ensures compliance with existing and proposed SOX controls and processes related to system configuration changes, code changes, and upgrades, including, but not limited to, test planning, end-to-end test execution, documenting test results, and obtaining approvals.
- Coordinates and verifies periodic refreshes of non-production environments with production data and code.
- Coordinates with Shipper Service team to determine and translate business requirement into technology solutions.
- Coordinates with Shipper Services team, internal and external parties to prioritize initiatives to meet Business requirements.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude when dealing with co-workers.
- Completes highly detailed tasks (repetitive at times) with a high level of efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and organization.
- Ability to successfully communicate with all levels within an organization and facilitate understanding of processes and issues from a business perspective.Acts with integrity, promotes trust and respect within the project teams and continually manages change across the affected business unit(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years’ experience delivering solutions for Quorum applications preferably with experience in the natural gas industry.
- Required experience working with Quorum software including QPTM, TIPS, QDOD, ESUITE, and QQM.
- 2+ years’ experience in the Natural Gas Marketing field, with an emphasis on pipeline gas scheduling preferred.
- Experience with technologies used by Quorum applications including Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Experience managing IT and business projects in a corporate environment.
- Experienced coordinating of deployments for one or multiple problem fixes at the same time across multiple environments (non-production and production).
- Demonstrated Change Management experience working with systems that need to meet Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Basic IT Infrastructure knowledge required for troubleshooting of Quorum applications (e.g. virtual machines, Citrix, active directory, etc.).
- Advanced problem solving skills when working in a high pace environment where priorities change quickly.
- Ability to think creatively and drive resolution of issues utilizing innovative methods.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage budget requirements for solutions/projects.
- Ability to manage a day-to-day schedule that may change rapidly, often with little to no notice.
- Positive outlook.
- Ability to share information with others as well as receive information from others in a proactive manner.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer.
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply