Black Hills Corp- Manager, Gas Operations II (Garden City, KS)Posted: January 4, 2017
Job Title: Manager, Gas Operations II (30681)
PAY RANGE: $85,100 – $112,750 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on January 18, 2017.
LOCATION: Garden City, KS
Lead and manage front-line Supervisors that oversee employees in the maintenance and operations of gas systems, and appliance repair across multiple sites in Southwest Kansas. Ensure a strong performance in safety, reliability and customer service.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement plans that ensure high performance in employee and customer safety.
- Provide strong leadership – Create an effective and engaged leadership and employee team.
- Implement annual gas operating plans at competitive cost, on time, and at agreed-to levels of quality.
- Develop and manage capital and O&M budgets.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of maintenance programs and budgets.
- Must stay abreast of safe work practices and ensure they are communicated and complied with by all employees.
- Ensure there is a cost/benefit and prioritization approach to decision-making.
- Actively pursue new initiatives that provide permanent cost reductions and long term revenue generation that support BHE’s Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Manage and/or support BHE’s non-regulated business lines.
- Work with BHE’s Sales and Marketing teams to ensure implementation of new growth projects and initiatives.
- Maintain working knowledge of natural gas irrigation systems and markets.
- Create and maintain a strategic workforce plan that will prepare the workforce for the future.
- Develop consistent operation “Key Performance Indicators” for operating region.
- Support statewide growth strategies and plans.
- Active community support and involvement.
- Model all Black Hills Corporation values.
- Required to be available for after-hours emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Successfully partner with Kansas Management, employees and other internal departments to ensure cooperation and synergies to meet business goals, customer service standards and expectations.
- Interface with customers and communities to foster and maintain positive working relationships and favorable company image.
- Support legislative efforts that directly affect BHE.
- Build strong working relationships with local, state (KCC), and federal governing bodies.
- 4-6 years of utility or similar industry experience highly desired.
- Successful management/supervisory experience with progressive leadership required.
- Experience with labor/employee relations issues.
- Background working with financial and operational functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of gas operations.
- Understanding of DOT regulations.
- Understanding of productivity and cost drivers/measures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Effective profit gaining abilities.
- Ability to gather timely and useful information to aid decision-making regarding productivity.
- Team player with ability to effectively lead in such an environment.
- Position involves about 50% travel time to have a strong presence at all local service areas (primary locations of Garden City, KS, Dodge City, KS and Liberal, KS). There will also be occasional travel outside of the local service area.
- Active in community involvement/activities.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply