Black Hills Corp- Customer Solutions Representative (Denver, CO or Kearney, NE)Posted: January 4, 2017
Job Title: Customer Solutions Representative (30675)
PAY RANGE: $63,900 – $79,850 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on January 18, 2017.
LOCATION: This position may be located in Denver, CO or Kearney, NE.
Work with existing and potential customers – within the utility’s Choice Gas program – to ensure the ongoing growth and compliance of the Black Hills Energy Services.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor BHES Program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under general supervision, performs professional level work. Develops solutions requiring analysis and research. Responsible for critical work and/or complex projects performed with a broader technical and business context.
- Obtain Choice business for Residential / Commercial, AG and Industrial Customers through outbound calling and initiation of trigger notifications.
- Identifies potential sales leads, and subsequently secures profitable sales.
- Meet with larger Agricultural, larger commercial customers, and other potential new business accounts.
- Take Active Sales role during sign up campaigns and early sign up periods
- Provide price quotes.
- Handle customer inquiries.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Attend/Prepare booths for select conferences.
- Update contact lists.
- Gather competitive info and prices.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, other departments and management.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Able to interface directly with customers professionally and provide a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Job planning and prioritizing.
- Travel within geographic region (generally Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and Arkansas), and occasionally out of the geographic region, may be required and is anticipated, including overnight and/or weekend travel.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Ability to represent the company through public speaking.
- Primarily interacting with other members of the sales team.
- 3-5 years of applicable work experience specific to this field.
- Sales experience
- Customer service experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Understand and apply Choice Program Rules ensuring compliance of all activities.
- Ability to understand the natural gas retail pricing products offered.
- Ability to understand the components that comprise the natural gas retail price.
- Proficient use of spreadsheets (Excel), databases (MS SQL) and word processing software (MS Word).
- Basic math skills.
- Write effectively and understand written communications, including but not limited to email.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention to details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to work effectively from written and verbal instructions.
- Maintain records.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply