Black Hills IP- Legal Support Representative (Rapid City, SD)Posted: November 21, 2016
- Receives, documents, prepares, enters, processes and maintains all required documentation related to the processing of customer formal applications for patents and trademarks in a timely manner;
- Documents customer specifications; prepares various documents for customer signature and submittal;
- Verifies data and resolves inconsistencies including customer number issues;
- Prepares and maintains all related document tracking programs, including submitting proper status notifications to customers; Communicates with customers both verbally and in-writing of the status of their project;
- Prepares and maintains all required docketing related reports and other related reports as required;
- Prepares and maintains customer billing program.
- May act as backup to other staff in their absence;
- Performs all other duties as assigned and required.
Performs clerical duties in office environment. Projects and data are time sensitive and must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and detail and within strict established deadlines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED certificate and two years of clerical experience or an Associates degree or equivalent in post high school education. An Associate’s Degree in legal secretarial, paralegal or related area of study preferred. Certification as a Paralegal or BA degree preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of the docketing procedure; patent prosecution rules, deadlines and related procedures preferred. Demonstrated superior analytical skills, with strong ability to review and organize numerous documents in complex legal matters. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse client base. Ability to perform alpha-numeric data entry at 125 kpm net of error. Ability to perform attention to detail with 85 percent accuracy. Ability to pass required background check as related and may be required by Federal Regulations.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org or Black Hills IP, 262 N. Cambell Steet, Rapid City, SD 57701