Black Hills IP- Information Disclosure Statement Specialist (Rapid City, SD)Posted: November 21, 2016
- Obtains copies of patents and published articles through on-line sources, libraries, or other resources
- Contacts customers to obtain search results for possible citation in an IDS
- Enters references into FIP Database and customers databases as applicable
- Verifies that all references on USPTO forms match physical documents
- Prepares documents for filing with USPTO and other patent offices
- Files documents with USPTO and forwards to foreign associates for filing in other patent offices
- May act as backup to other staff in their absence
- Performs all other duties as assigned and required
Performs clerical duties in office environment. Projects and data are time sensitive and must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and detail and within strict established deadlines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED certificate and two years of clerical experience or an Associates degree or equivalent in post high school education. An Associate’s Degree in legal secretarial, paralegal or related area of study preferred. Certification as a Paralegal or BA degree preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of the docketing procedure; patent prosecution rules, deadlines and related procedures preferred. Demonstrated superior analytical skills, with strong ability to review and organize numerous documents in complex legal matters. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse client base. Ability to perform alpha-numeric data entry at 125 kpm net of error. Ability to perform attention to detail with 85 percent accuracy. Ability to pass required background check as related and may be required by Federal Regulations.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org or Black