Black Hills IP- Case Management Group Representative (Rapid City, SD)Posted: November 21, 2016
- Maintains customer docket and client specifics; prepares related correspondence; and communicates with the customer on the status of each matter in their patent portfolio;
- Maintains complete and accurate electronic and physical files for customers; updates Foundation IP and customer databases as applicable;
- Acts as a liaison between the firm’s paralegals and attorneys;
- Contacts the patent and trademark office as needed; files and submits fee payments to USPTO;
- Corrects USPTO errors as necessary;
- Prepares formal documents for customer signatures and does follow-up to ensure signed documents are returned in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of current procedures, CMG manual and practices, and customer information.
May act as backup to other staff in their absence;
Performs all other duties as assigned and required.
Performs clerical duties in office environment. Projects and data are time sensitive and must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and detail and within strict established deadlines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED certificate and two years of clerical experience or an Associates degree or equivalent in post high school education. An Associate’s Degree in legal secretarial, paralegal or related area of study preferred. Certification as a Paralegal or BA degree preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of the docketing procedure; patent prosecution rules, deadlines and related procedures preferred. Demonstrated superior analytical skills, with strong ability to review and organize numerous documents in complex legal matters. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse client base. Ability to perform alpha-numeric data entry at 125 kpm net of error. Ability to perform attention to detail with 85 percent accuracy. Ability to pass required background check as related and may be required by Federal Regulations.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org or Black Hills IP, 262