Black Hills Corp- Senior HR Generalist (Cheyenne, WY)Posted: November 7, 2016
Job Title: Senior HR Generalist (30628)
SALARY GRADE: $69,800 – $87,250 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on November 11, 2016.
LOCATION: Cheyenne, WY
The Senior HR Generalist is responsible for providing superb business partnership and is responsible for employee/ labor relations outcomes in the assigned business units. Further, they support leadership development, talent acquisition, onboarding, and retention, facilitate the goal planning and performance management cycle, and annual initiatives i.e. succession planning; strategic workforce planning, etc.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Human Resources
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Business Partner: Work closely with assigned business unit(s) leaders to optimize human capital to meet strategic plans.
- Employee/ Labor Relations: First-line contact on employee and labor relations issues. Provide solutions-based approach to employee and managerial issues.
- Leadership Development & Training: Coach, mentor and train managers on effective leadership. Provide training on HR issues to employees and managers as needed.
- Talent Acquisition, Onboarding & Retention: Partner with business units to identify optimal staffing solutions, lead recruitment process for all job openings in assigned areas, provide HR onboarding support to all new hires, and maintain pulse of organization and conduct exit interviews in order to proactively address retention issues.
- Goal & Performance Management: Partner with business units/ locations to establish annual performance goals and support employees and managers through the annual performance management and merit planning processes.
- Succession Planning: Partner with business units/ locations to identify “bench” for key positions.
- Strategic Workforce Planning: Perform analytics on future workforce composition, identify replacement strategies, and maintain commmuniy and university/ technical school partnerships.
- Compliance: Ensure adherence to corporate policies and external regulations.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Participate and represent the corporation in civic, industry and professional organizations.
- Maintain strong working relationships with client groups.
- Collaborated with other HR business partners and corporate HR resources.
- Maintain professional relationship with all vendors (including outside recruitment agencies).
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a Human Resources position.
- Energy industry experience preferred.
- Must have experience recruiting positions at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Recruitment and/or staffing experience for multiple work sites and recruiting strategies.
- Employee relations knowledge and experience.
- Employment law, labor law, and EEO.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal, persuasive, leadership and negotiation skills are required to interact with all levels of management, staff and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships across the organization.
- Ability to recruit candidates and make selection decisions.
- Ability to inform, educate and influence employees to support corporate goals and initiatives.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and quantify the financial impact of the issues involved.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
- PHR/SPHR certification desirable.
- Travel to Company locations, professional conferences, and other industry meetings.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply