Black Hills Corp- Maintenance Engineering Intern (Gillette, WY)Posted: November 7, 2016
Job Title: Maintenance Engineering Intern (30589)
LOCATION: Gillette, WY
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Support and assist various projects as assigned within WRD’s Maintenance Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Maintenance Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Project assignments may include:
- Review and update preventative maintenance work order sheets
- Review, enter and analyze key data points to determine trends on equipment performance
- Lead the securing and staging of parts and equipment on planned projects
- Schedule and secure special tools and equipment for planned projects
- Update Equipment Asset Management preventative maintenance scheduling for mine equipment
- Develop material lists for reoccurring maintenance projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Maintenance, Operation, and Engineering departments.
- None required.
- College sophomore or above working toward Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical/electrical engineering principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- New Miner MSHA certification to be provided.
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply