Black Hills Corp- Billing Associate (Golden, CO or Papillion NE)Posted: October 21, 2016
Job Title: Billing Associate (30595)
PAY RANGE: $16 – $19 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on November 3, 2016.
LOCATION: Golden, CO or Papillion, NE
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Competently handle all of the major billing duties for residential customers with minimal supervision.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Billing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Explain gas, electric and non-utility billing procedures.
- Explain and correct budget billing accounts…
- Perform billing adjustments.
- Research billing errors and resolve them in a timely manner
- Create Service Investigation Orders for high/low usage, misreads, diversions, non-registering meters, meter changes, meters not set for billing, too many estimates, damaged meters, etc., to resolve billing discrepancies.
- Complete requests to change rates.
- Permanently except customers from late payment charges.
- Handle errors on active accounts that have not billed in 90 days and active measuring component not billed reports.
- Process residential billing related CC’s.
- Research and process diversion.
- Supervise projects and provide strong customer service to internal customers.
- Customer Service Associates.
- State Operations
- Billing Department Staff
- Payment Department Staff
- Credit/Collections Department Staff
- Correspndence Staff
- Field Resource Center
- Previous utility background preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree in business or accounting preferred or equivalent work related experience would be considered in lieu of a degree.
- CIS+ background preferred.
- Detail oriented, well organized.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate to a wide customer base.
- Proficient PC skills and use of Microsoft products including Word, Excel and other business
- applications as required.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service, both internal and external.
- Performs responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment sharing common goals and expectations.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply