Black Hills Corp- Senior Manager, Supply Chain (Rapid City, SD)Posted: October 17, 2016
Job Title: Senior Manager, Supply Chain (30615)
PAY RANGE: $85,100 – $112,750 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on October 24, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Responsible for leading the Sourcing, Contracts and Procurement processes, including management of the systems and data that support them. Develop, oversee and execute a variety of large, complex supply chain initiatives and strategies to enhance end-to-end performance in the areas of risk mitigation, cost management, quality, compliance, and enterprise wide value creation. Work cross-functionally to leverage knowledge of supply chain and industry best practices and coordinate the supply chain strategies with operations departments and vendors to ensure alignment and goal achievement.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, Supply Chain
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership and support to the Sourcing, Category Management, Contract Management, Procurement and Supply Chain Systems teams and processes.
- Lead the development and execution of initiatives that result in improved Supply Chain optimization and utilization. This involves broad, cross-functional collaboration, change management support, goal alignment, and a project management focus across the portfolio of initiatives to enhance supply chain capabilities.
- Lead, oversee and execute supplier relationship management strategies that will develop and ensure consistent and efficient processes and performance from our suppliers/contractors, ensure quality and reliability to the enterprise and enable best in class service to internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships across the enterprise, as well as with key suppliers, to align supply chain requirements to other business unit initiatives, identify gaps and opportunities, present recommendations and create strategies that will enhance service and optimize processes and work flow.
- Develop and leverage supply chain/business analytical capabilities to enable more robust and dynamic evaluation and reporting methodologies.
- Collaborate with vendors and external service providers to identify and evaluate new and innovative opportunities for supply chain to improve efficiency and total cost or ownership reduction.
- Identify and escalate potential business opportunities.
- Anticipate and identify risks and raise issues with management team members.
- Establish and maintain a work environment that creates a positive learning culture and delivers consistently high levels of employee engagement and retention.
- Effectively convey and advocate for desired outcomes utilizing outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellence at handling multiple assignments and completion of projects within schedule and budgetary guidelines.
- Act as a thought leader and advisor to senior management and executives on key strategic issues.
- Provide leadership and management support to direct reports including, but not limited to, coaching, advising, and performance management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal customers such as Business Unit Leaders, operational managers, project managers and project engineers.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the supply chain department.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the IT and Accounting Systems teams
- Seven or more years of relevant experience required, such as purchasing, sourcing, supply chain, analytics, and inventory management, with increasingly progressive leadership and management skills.
- Seven years of strategic supply chain leadership experience, including a minimum of three years of experience in leading and developing individuals and high performing teams required.
- Five or more years of experience utilizing supply chain data analytics to develop and implement strategies to improve Supply Chain processes and performance preferred.
- Experience with project management, Lean Six Sigma or similar tools and techniques/strategies to achieve process improvement preferred.
- Experience working at a major gas or electric utility preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Logistics, Engineering, Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant area required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of supply chain best in class practices and industry benchmarks.
- Deep understanding of supply chain systems and technology.
- Knowledge of demand planning and forecasting.
- Knowledge and understanding of total cost of ownership, working capital reduction and inventory planning.
- Results oriented.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to influence across the enterprise and support the organization through change.
- Goal and deadline oriented.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in multiple parts and functions of supply chain.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills including excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees at all levels.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to business problems.
- Ability to understand and analyze supply chain requirements.
- Demonstrated impact and influence with both cross functional and senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to build a compelling business case and recommendations by framing issues clearly and analyzing the key elements.
- Ability to create and implement plans to achieve long-term strategic objectives that are aligned with company initiatives.
- CPSM, CPIM, CSCP, CSCMP preferred.
- 25%-30% travel required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply