Black Hills Corp- Software Development Analyst II (Papillion, NE)Posted: August 26, 2016
Job Title: Software Development Analyst II (30493)
PAY RANGE: $62,650 – $93,950 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on September 11, 2016.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
Responsible for developing, implementing and supporting Black Hills Corporation’s Meter Data Management System, which is a purchased application that provides meter reading data to various parts of the company.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Application Development Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems related to applications issues, troubleshoot user support problems, and be involved with application performance planning.
- Perform assigned software development and maintenance tasks including development of function specifications, programming and testing.
- Perform implementation tasks such as data conversion, software installation, and documentation creation.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution.
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful implementation of designs and enhancements.
- Provide backup support for the purchased print formatting software, which is used to format invoices and letters to customers.
- Perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Stay up-to-date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Support one or more client groups including interaction across all levels of the organization.
- 3 or more years of development experience in Java or similar development language required.
- Experience building and supporting web services preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology field preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with object oriented programming languages and an understanding of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of server based computing environment, operating systems, networking, middleware and database management systems.
- Basic knowledge of business system design, data modeling, and application construction.
- Knowledge of and experience programming in Java.
- Depending upon programming assignments, experience with but not limited to programming languages including Java, .NET and C#.
SKILLS/ABILITY/OTHER CHARACTERISTICS PREFERRED:
- Ability to work independently with business partners in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well informed of efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work within challenging situations.
- Some travel within the utility service territory and for support of corporate subsidiaries will be required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply