Black Hills Corp- Senior Manager, Financial Systems (Rapid City, SD)Posted: August 26, 2016
Job Title: Senior Manager, Financial Systems (30547)
PAY RANGE: $93,800 – $154,800 (DOQ)
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Lead the financial systems team in advancing the financial systems strategy. Ensure end users experience exemplary functional software support, continuously improving efficiency and effectiveness.
This role is accountable for: 1) developing and maintaining appropriate resources to ensure users have full support, training and functionality associated with financial systems; 2) establishing and maintaining strong partnerships throughout the company; 3) planning and implementation of financial system maintenance, enhancements, upgrades, and application design; and 4) budgeting and strategic planning efforts related to financial systems and staff.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Internal Controls
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct department efforts and resources to effectively support and enhance the end user experience.
- Develop and implement a vision for financial systems that will support effectiveness and efficiency in accounting for historical data, budgeting and forecasting across a number of platforms including PeopleSoft, PowerPlan, Essbase, Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Ensure the on-time completion of system maintenance, patch and bundle implementations, software enhancements, upgrades, acquisitions and new software implementations in support of BHC’s growth strategy.
- Partner with end users, Project Management Office, and Continuous Improvement to improve business processes and increase utilization of systems functionality.
- Lead and develop the financial systems team including staffing, performance management, and engagement according to company policies and the law.
- Maintain data integrity by analyzing and directing the adjustment of data controls to support accurate financial results.
- Ensure documentation and procedures are complete, current and available for system users associated with identified software and business processes.
- Support continual integration of identified systems with other software applications to create an efficient business model for future growth.
- Implement and maintain system security protocols to ensure internal control of financial processes and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Support the development of reporting requirements to provide value add to financial and operational analysis.
- Develop and implement effective training platforms to ensure users are trained for accurate, effective completion of responsibilities and to maximize efficiency.
- Support Finance and Accounting in design, development and distribution of internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Support selection processes for new software impacting the financial systems working with the Information Technology department including design modifications and interfaces.
- Network with internal and external software users to obtain new ideas on best business practices and strategies related to managing efficient financial, human resource, asset and reporting systems.
- Understand software improvements and work with end users to implement where appropriate.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships within the Financial Systems team.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships across departments and levels of the organization including IT, end users, internal audit, etc.
- Effectively manage consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Requires a minimum 7 years of related experience.
- Direct or indirect supervision in the management of software implementation or support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Computer Science or related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of financial system software and processes with a strong preference for Oracle PeopleSoft experience.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of system interface procedures.
- General knowledge, or ability and interest in gaining knowledge, of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Working knowledge of Essbase.
- Working knowledge of accounting terms and general practices.
- Strong leadership experience with a desire to work alongside the team to advance development, problem solving and shared objectives.
- Demonstrated success in building partnerships across a diverse organization.
- Highly organized to meet deadlines and maintain multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management expertise.
- Strategic thinker who can identify, communicate and implement a long-term vision for financial systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to manage multiple, varied priorities simultaneously.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply