Black Hills Corp- Inventory Control Specialist (Gillette, WYPosted: August 26, 2016
Job Title: Inventory Control Specialist (30564)
PAY RANGE: $49,500 – $61,900 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on September 12, 2016.
LOCATION: Gillette, WY
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Ensure quality customer service by providing materials management methodologies, including warehousing materials, use of materials handling equipment, inventory management and logistics. Deliver and pick up materials.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Materials Manager/Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Overall day-to-day responsibilities for the unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control and issuance of materials, equipment and parts ordered by the company.
- Process material tickets for entry into the computerized inventory system.
- Responsible for 3-4 warehouse locations. Ensure unmanned locations perform supply chain procedures correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Complete scheduled inventories and paperwork as required per supply chain procedures.
- Review reports as necessary to determine order quantities as needed to support operations.
- Schedule and perform annual warehouse safety audits, ensure items are corrected in a timely fashion and document according to policy.
- Report problems found with company processes, procedures or policies.
- Ensure OSHA and company safety policies, procedures, and work practices are being followed in all areas.
- Identify materials and equipment and direct the unloading, coordination and planning for expected daily shipments.
- Provide support for delivery notifications and monitoring delivery to schedule and PO requirements and verify that the material invoiced has been received on-site and the invoice payment can be made.
- Represent the materials management function at onsite management meetings as required.
- Maintain files and perform filing related to supply chain records and reports.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor employees.
- Work assignments at other warehouse locations as directed.
- Respond to emergency call outs in a timely fashion.
- Assist with item standards as needed.
- Assist with gathering supply chain audit information as needed.
- Assist other plant/operations personnel as directed.
- Represent Black Hills in a professional manner with a “can do” attitude.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all company employees and suppliers.
- Three years of warehouse experience, including materials management, required.
- Experience working at a major gas, electric utility, coal mine, or generation facility preferred.
- Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of materials management procedures including unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control and issuance of materials.
- Ability to make judgmental decisions with little or no supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions.
- Ability to read and understand technical information such as contracts, equipment specifications and instructions.
- Ability to make routine public contact with contractors, service personnel and governing agencies.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and various specialized software.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- May be required to work various shifts as directed.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Work is generally not physically demanding, but requires the ability to climb stairs and carry/lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate a forklift and material handling equipment.
- Ability to hear (at some dB limit of loss) in order to receive oral communications and instructions.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply