Black Hills Corp- Storekeeper I (Wichita, KS)Posted: August 3, 2016
Job Title: Storekeeper I (30524)
SALARY GRADE: $17 – $24 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 9, 2016.
LOCATION: Wichita, KS
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Manage a warehouse location ensuring key processes (production planning, replenishment, blanket purchase orders, inventory stocking levels, evaluation and negotiation of routine procurements, etc.) are provided to keep the Company’s operations running optimally. Interact with assigned operating areas, legal staff, procurement and the supplier community and industry analysts to carry out duties.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Materials Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive, maintain inventory and disperse materials and supplies required to construct and maintain a gas system.
- Fill orders for materials and supplies needed for gas distribution construction and maintenance activities.
- Provide input for maintaining inventory at a cost efficient level that supports operation needs.
- Direct periodic (cycle counts) and annual inventories of all stock material.
- Plan and coordinate inventory requirements with Management.
- Support multiple locations across BHE service territory.
- Work with PC and mainframe computers in support of job.
- Perform periodic warehouse safety audits.
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse facility.
- Ensure company safety policies, procedures and work practices are being followed.
- Assist with some buying duties including expediting shipments.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor employees.
- Assist other employees as directed.
- Customer – Operational Managers and maintenance staff running the Company’s operations
- Supervisor – Manager, Materials Management or Materials Manager
- Peers and co-workers – Storekeepers, Buyers, Sourcing Managers and Analysts
- Supplier of materials. Equipment and services
- Previous experience in warehousing/materials management preferred.
- Experience working at a major gas or electric utility preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate or college level courses in an accredited program in materials or warehouse management is helpful.
- Materials management procedures including unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate work flow and corporate needs with other work groups/employees successfully
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing requirements.
- Maintain a professional work ethic and good customer service attitude.
- Strong organization skills and ability to participate in cross-functional teams.
- Computer skills required, including proficiency in applicable business related software applications and related equipment.
- MS Office and PeopleSoft skills preferred.
- Computer knowledge in MS Word and Excel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to operate a forklift and maintain forklift operator certification.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform the pinciple duties and responsibilities of the job.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position such as heavy lifting, standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motions, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Majority of work is performed indoors but must be able to work outside in extreme weather on occasion.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply