Black Hills Corp- Sr. Software Development Analyst (Papillion, NE)Posted: August 3, 2016
Job Title: Sr. Software Development Analyst (30522)
PAY RANGE: $75,000 – $112,550 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 15, 2016.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
Mentor and lead Software Development Analysts I and II on best or standard software development methodologies. Under minimal supervision, interact with clients, team members and leadership to gather requirements for the analysis of business problems. Determine feasible solutions to problems and submit proposed solutions to management. Develop specifications, construct, enhance, and maintain functions, and install and support vendor packages. Develop programs in one or more platforms. Prepare and maintain application system and function documentation.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Application Development Manager with further direction and support from Principal Software Development Analysts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead planning and design sessions related to support of systems and business operations related to systems.
- Function as a team lead or project manager on software implementation or software development projects while adhering to standard software development techniques and design methods.
- Work independently to define business requirements and support systems supporting business activities.
- Define business user requirements on moderate to complex projects including system design and data modeling.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems related to applications issues, troubleshoot user support problems, and be actively involved with application performance planning.
- Perform assigned software development and maintenance tasks including development of function specifications, prototypes, programming and testing.
- Perform implementation tasks such as data conversion, software installation, and documentation creation.
- Work with Technology Integration Specialists or Business Users to design and provide training.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution for the client group.
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful implementation of designs and enhancements.
- Improve business processes by monitoring and analyzing trends in service tickets received, aiding in problem resolution and recommending improvements in systems and/or systems and business process training.
- Perform client training.
- Under supervision, perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Stay up-to-date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Will support one or more client groups including interaction across all levels of the organization.
- Will work with and coordinate efforts across all departments within IT as well as with vendors and external consultants related to project planning and execution.
- 7 or more years in a similar position or combination of education and experience.
- Associate’s degree in Applications Design or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience implementing and supporting natural gas software platforms for Commodity Trading and Risk Management, Gas Scheduling, and Measurement processes (such as OpenLink Endur, Quorum QPTM, and FlowCal) is highly preferred but not required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in database design, SQL, SQL Server and Oracle to facilitate data analysis and ad-hoc reporting, and to diagnose and resolve software issues.
- BI experience with Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos, or other reporting tools is highly preferred but not required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of server based computing environment, including computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and middleware and database management systems.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of information engineering concepts, including business area analysis, business system design, data modeling, and application construction.
- Detailed understanding of software project life cycle.
- Ability to work independently with business partners both locally and remotely in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well informed of efforts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines, organize work effectively, manage requirements and reprioritize as new demands arise, and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Maintains a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Maintains a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Access.
- May be required to be available to respond during non-working hours, especially related to project deadlines and company emergencies.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply