Cabela’s- Retail Firearms Department Manager (Rapid City, SD)Posted: July 29, 2016
Become a part of the World’s Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela’s we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live…Dream… Work the Adventure! It’s In Your Nature! Cabela’s has an opening for an Retail Firearms Department Manager at our Rapid City retail store.
Responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Gun Counter, NICS and Firearms Compliance Outfitters. The Firearms Department Manager oversees ATF/Firearms to ensure compliance as well as drive sales of new and used firearms to ensure store meets or exceeds projected sales. Provide training and support to outfitters/staff to ensure knowledge and excellent customer service.
Assures ATF Compliance and all internal policies regarding the selling and handling of Firearms are adhered to. Follows up to verify employees are trained and only authorized employees sell Firearms. Trains and coaches employees on a regular basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee sales floor in order to promote and meet sales goals/objectives for firearms while maintaining compliance and also responsible for overseeing the safety handling of firearms.
- Ensure ATF Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as compliance with Federal, State and local regulations. Ensuring compliance with all Firearms related paperwork (paper and electronic 4473, ATF F 3310.4).
- Appropriately staff, train, performance management and scheduling of all Gun Counter, NICS and Firearms Compliance Outfitters. Must supervise daily activities and set departmental direction to ensure results meet corporate initiatives (Customer Service, Goals, Sales, and Compliance). Complete skills validation and training completion of Gun Counter, NICS and Firearms Compliance Outfitter positions. Assure all firearms safety guidelines and regulations are trained and followed at all times.
- Responsible for inventory control/ad review to ensure proper on-hand counts and in-stock position to meet the needs of customers.
- Responsible for setting and achieving monthly CLUB card referral goals to provide an added benefit to our customers.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- Associate’s Degree or Apprenticeship
- 2 to 4+ Years’ Experience
- Firearms Knowledge (Federal, State & Local as well as internal P&P) (required)
- ATF Compliance (required)
- Must be 21 years of age (required)
- Must have strong communication and leadership skills (required)
- Position requires 2 to years of retail experience to include 1 year of supervisor/manager experience or 2 years in Cabela’s lead role. Working knowledge and compliance of the lawful sales of firearms, black powder and ammunition and explosives is (required)
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela’s offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs