Cabela’s- Part Time Deli Outfitter (Rapid City, SD)Posted: July 29, 2016
Become a part of the World’s Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela’s we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live…Dream… Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Part Time Deli Outfitter at our Rapid City, SD retail store.
Provide legendary customer service experience to for every customer by assisting the customers in selection and preparation of order. May be assigned to any one of the following areas: hunting, fishing, camping, footwear, clothing, gifts, general store, archery, marine or bargain cave.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for assuring that food production is prepared correctly, weighted, and quality is to industry and company standard. Takes and prepares customer orders by making sandwiches, cooking, etc. Restocking food items and cleaning work area as needed.
- Preps food/banquet food by slicing meat and preparing salads to ensure efficient Deli operation. Restocking coolers and dry storage and cleaning work area.
- Accepts payment for food using cash register. Restocking of customer use items and condiments and maintaining cleanliness of dining room.
- Deli/Banquet up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to restocking, remerchandising, dusting, scrubbing, polishing counters, tables, and other kitchen equipment to ensure cleanliness and deli visual presentation standards are met.
- Setting up and serving banquets, birthday parties and special events.
- Respond and handle customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years’ Experience
- Skill in operating various kitchen equipment and appliances (preferred)
- Food Safety Certificate (preferred)
- Ability to use good judgment and logic (required)
- Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customer’s expectations (required)
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid sales knowledge and at least six months to one year of experience in the food service industry.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela’s offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs