Black Hills Corp- Customer Solutions Representative (Grimes, IA)Posted: July 29, 2016
Job Title: Customer Solutions Representative (30515)
PAY RANGE: $63,900 – $79,850 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 10, 2016.
LOCATION: Grimes, IA
A leader who drives operating income growth in market segment by managing sales and marketing efforts in alignment with business units goals.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Customer Solutions
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- With expert knowledge of the market & territory, determines key opportunities & risks, then builds sales plans that provide customer solutions and profitable margin results; bottom-line responsibility for margin retention & growth in assigned territory segment.
- A champion for driving growth across organization in operating area.
- Drives growth by proactively developing and managing customer relationships, and by proactive monitoring of business conditions & activity.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities.
- Identifies product improvements or new products/services by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Coordinate service follow-through with operations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Financial modeling and contract negotiations.
- Utilize a team approach with various internal and external partners to facilitate growth projects and gain efficiencies.
- Support community relations, economic development activities and industry favorable legislative initiatives.
- Special projects, analysis, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Internal and external stakeholders of Black Hills Energy including customers and customer trade associates, and co-workers in various field and corporate functions such as operations, engineering, economic development etc.
- Experience in sales and related market segment knowledge.
- Experience in developing and launching new growth opportunities preferred (products, services, and other investments).
- Prior Utility experience a plus.
- Experience in customer care including key stakeholder relations.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in a related field required.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Strong customer relationship qualities with great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Natural gas utilization, technologies, applications and service delivery principles.
- Proven sales ability and motivation to drive results.
- Project Management Skills.
- Strong human relations skills to build, maintain, and enhance relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Involves travel, including some overnight.
- At times, flexible schedule needed to meet customer demands, project expectations or community and industry related events, conferences, exhibits.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply