Black Hills Corp- Human Resources Generalist II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: July 26, 2016
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist II (30528)
SALARY GRADE: $57,500 – $86,250 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 1, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
The HR Generalist, in partnership with the Sr. Manager, Human Resources, is responsible for supporting a wide variety of functions to deliver on the talent, engagement and business goals for the company. This includes employee relations, recruiting and selection, performance management, development, and compliance.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Human Resources
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Consult with leaders in regard to employee performance, employee conduct and general employee relations issues.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with employees across all levels in an organization that values interaction and collaboration.
- Partner with clients and the talent acquisition team to fill talent needs effectively and efficiently.
- Provide guidance relative to the progressive discipline process ensuring a balanced but consistent approach is taken in the application of discipline.
- Respond to concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide advice and guidance on the interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedures as they relate to employees and Company objectives.
- Actively support the Company’s goals for diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and programs.
- Maintain knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, laws and regulations, industry trends and developments to ensure accurate information is being communicated throughout the company.
- Participate in cross-functional team projects as a representative of Human Resources and/or the broader corporate functions.
- Participate and represent the corporation in civic, industry and professional organizations.
- Build and maintain exemplary working relationships with all employees and departments.
- Maintain effective relationships with partners, vendors, and suppliers.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as generalist or five years’ experience in a combination of recruiting and generalist roles.
- Experience recruiting positions at all levels of the organization including non-exempt, professional and managerial positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of employment laws.
- Exposure to EEO regulation and their impact on the organization.
- Exceptional oral and strong written communication skills.
- Desire to be mobile and visible across the organization.
- Ability to influence and consult in both organizational and personal issues.
- Comfortable working in teams and individually.
- Curious and willing to ask questions to understand complex issues affecting the business and client groups.
- Technology savvy with strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize a wide variety of tasks.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- PHR / SPHR / SHRM – CP / SHRM – SCP preferred.
- Overnight travel up to 10%.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply