Black Hills Corp- Regulatory Manager or Senior Manager (Rapid City, SD)Posted: July 25, 2016
Job Title: Regulatory Manager or Senior Manager (30519)
PAY RANGE: This position will be filled at a Manager or Senior Manager level depending upon experience.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Lead all aspects of the regulatory process for assigned jurisdiction in order to achieve success for the customer and company. Coordinate the preparation and presentation of information for internal decision-making and filings with the appropriate Commissions and/or regulatory body. Compiles data and completes analysis for all aspects of utility regulatory functions, in accordance with federal and state regulations. Duties may also include direction and development activities of Regulatory Analysts.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director – Regulatory
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises regulatory filings to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Partner with operations and financial management to define and execute on the strategy of the business.
- Lead the development of regulatory policies and initiatives that support business strategies, including the development and filing of rate case applications.
- Testify before regulatory commissions when necessary in support of filings.
- Analyze and interpret company financial and statistical data used in all studies.
- Monitor, review and analyze federal and state regulatory requirements and industry issues for electric and gas operations and keep department leadership apprised of findings.
- Support customer service with the implementation of tariff changes and/or new tariffs. Establish and maintain a test protocol to verify changes.
- Research and communicate the proper interpretation of rates, rules, and the terms and conditions of service to personnel through written and verbal communications.
- Continually monitor adjustment tariffs, associated balancing accounts and prepare summary reports as necessary.
- Work with operations to develop initiatives that increase revenue opportunity or decrease expense associated with the regulatory process.
- Supervise the daily activities of the Rates Analysts, including coaching, counseling, development, and performance management.
- Lead various internal task force groups in order to develop and implement the Company’s strategic action plans.
- Lead the development of communication plans to inform customers of the changes in service and rates.
- Assist in the development of rate strategies and rate design that will optimize company profitability.
- Support efforts to respond to customer service issues to the commissions.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all employees, regulators, commission staff, business associates, consultants and customer.
- Minimum of seven years of related regulatory, economic, finance, accounting and/or operational experience, with regulatory process background strongly preferred.
- Combined two years of project management and/or supervisory experience.
- Experience in rate application, analysis and design beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Engineering, Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent required.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Advanced understanding of the utility regulatory process and rate analysis for gas or electric utility service.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial concepts.
- Advanced understanding of the impact of regulatory outcomes to business success.
- Demonstrated ability to developing and maintain project schedules.
- Familiarity with cost-of-service studies or development of adjustment clauses or equivalent experience.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to initiate action toward goals in self, reports and cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Project Management software.
- MBA or CPA preferred, but not required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply