General Dynamics-Ordnance and Tactical Systems- IT Project Manager (St. Petersburg, FL)Posted: July 21, 2016
General Dynamics-Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) empowers the U.S. military and its allies with an extensive range of overarching product segments applied across all levels of strategic and tactical operations. A business unit within the Combat Systems Group of General Dynamics, we are a world leader in the manufacture of large, medium- and small-caliber direct and indirect-fire munitions, mortar weapons and systems, artillery projectiles, bomb bodies, Ball Powder® Propellant, solid propellants, non-lethal products and Force Protection products. The company also manufactures precision metal components; provides explosive load, assemble and pack services for a variety of munitions, tactical missile and rocket programs; and designs and produces shaped charge warheads and control actuator systems.
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic IT Project Manager to work in our St. Petersburg, FL division. Successful candidates will work directly with the Enterprise Resource Planning Director to set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor progress for the ERP system. Establishes and maintains business relationships with internal and external clients. Develops IT projects to meet the business needs of customers. Ensure IT initiatives are met in a timely manner and within budget. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish business objectives. This position works to plan, implement and maintain IT project activity in support of General Dynamics – Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees:
- Lead the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the department.
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives.
- Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing system and procedures.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and sub-contractor management.
- Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, task order and administrative reporting.
- Performs high level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables and coordinates the development of deliverables and products.
- Plans and participates in IT special projects as assigned.
- Continuous improvement of project management toolkits and methodologies used within the business. Also maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Maintains organizational effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems Management; or 12+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses a minimum of eight years’ experience within various disciplines in the IT function and staff management experience.
- Must have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Design software; Internet software; Project Management software and Database software.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package that includes comprehensive health, dental, and 401K plan. The candidate will also be offered the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Qualified candidates should apply to: www.gd-ots.com or select the following link:
- If you require assistance or an accommodation for a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please email email@example.com or call: 727-578-8252. Please note this contact information is for those requesting a reasonable accommodation while applying for a job, because of a covered disability.
- General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) expressly prohibits discrimination or retaliation against an individual who has a disability and/or who requests a reasonable accommodation. GD-OTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workforce.