Council for Adult and Experiential Learning- Marketing Content Strategist and Writers (Chicago, Illinois or Remote)Posted: July 21, 2016
Position Title: Marketing Content Strategist and Writer (Chicago, Illinois or Remote)
Working with and under the direction of the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Content Strategist and Writer provides input on content strategy, creation and delivery of content across marketing channels to maximize impact of content. The Content Strategist and Writer will write and conceptualize and/or provide creative direction for inbound and outbound marketing activities including public relations activities, email campaigns, brochures, online presence, ebooks/whitepapers, reports and presentations, social media strategies, and ad campaigns. S/he will also be the point person for Product Development to develop product positioning and messaging.
- Works with the Director, Marketing and Communications to develop and maintain the image, identify and key messages for CAEL materials, presentations, and communications vehicles, and maintains a consistent positive and impactful image for CAEL and CAEL initiatives
- Identified trends and hot topic in the field to develop editorial calendars for blogging and premium content
- Meets with sector team members to create, develop and lead the implementation of marketing strategies and tactics. Coordinates timelines and schedules for their marketing activities.
- Coordinates with Graphic Designers on print projects as needed.
- Works with our public relations, online advertising and SEO vendros
- Coordinates with freelance writers when needed
- Works directly with internal clients, as needed, to provide marketing consulting and support
- Executes against Strategic Plan and Marketing Communications Plan, and amends Communications Plan as necessary to achieve organizational objectives
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Marketing
- 3-5 years of experience in copywriting, marketing strategy and public relations.
*Education is considered to include both the formal/traditional, as well as learning from life and work experience.
- Knowledge of marketing strategy and how various marketing and communications vehicles link to overall stategy.
- An excellent writer with a portfolio of work acorss a broad range of media and industries
- Ability to update content in content management systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player; ability to work independently
- Advanced organizational technical skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proactive, willing to take initiative
Chicago, Illinois or Remote
Persons interested in applying for this position may visit the company’s website at http://www.cael.org/about-us/jobs