Black Hills Corp- Materials Supervisor (Rapid City, SD)Posted: July 21, 2016
Job Title: Materials Supervisor (30525)
PAY RANGE: $68,400 – $102,600 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 4, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Oversee a team of storekeepers assigned to maintain materials inventory in warehouses and unmanned locations in conjunction with warehouse location oversight, ensuring key processes (planning, replenishment, blanket purchase orders, inventory stocking levels, are provided to keep the Company’s operations running optimally. Interact with assigned operating areas, legal staff, procurement, and supplier community to carry out duties. Ensures compliance with SOX and Supply Chain Policies and Procedures
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Materials
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee a team of storekeepers assigned to maintain materials inventory in key warehouses in addition to overall day-to-day responsibilities for the unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials, equipment and parts ordered by the Company
- Ensure high quality and safety-conscious processes and practices are in place for warehouse/ store management including unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials, equipment and parts.
- Responsible for management of materials movement from suppliers to stakeholders.
- Actively own the total cost of ownership and cost of inventory for areas of responsibility while maintaining quality and avoiding any unplanned stock-outs and downtime.
- Identify process and technology improvements in the materials management area.
- Work proactively with operations to plan and forecast material needs on a regular basis.
- Recommend and communicate materials management improvements, progress and results to Operations and Supply Chain management.
- Maintain updated knowledge of rules, regulations and standards in the field of materials management and related matters of interest to the department/division.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor employees.
- Maintain effective working relationships with operational/maintenance managers and staff.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all Supply Chain employees.
- Maintain effective working relationships with suppliers of materials, equipment and services.
- Three years of related experience required.
- Experience working at a major gas or electric utility preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Materials Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of materials management procedures including unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials.
- Knowledge of cost reduction analysis approaches.
- Working knowledge of warehouse materials management systems (e.g , PeopleSoft inventory manager, PeopleSoft MIM, STORMS, etc.).
- Aggressive, high-energy self-starter with a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate at all management levels within a customer organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to business problems.
- Goal and deadline oriented.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply