Crew Training International- Proposal Manager (Memphis, TN)Posted: July 12, 2016
Position Title: Proposal Manager
Position/Vacancy Number: 1
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Close: Until Filled
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Training and Experience: Minimum of five (5) years proposal development experience supporting federal programs. Extensive documented experience with all aspects of producing winning proposals for Federal Agencies in response to formal RFPs, up to and including Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs) and Best and Final Offers (BAFO) for federal customers such as DoD, FAA and others.
Skills: Possess exemplary writing skills and able to produce final draft/copy-edited and error-free, technical-based solution materials (text and graphics) for complex customer requirements. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, demonstrated initiative and attention to completeness, accuracy and detail. Highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to manage concurrent proposal assignments, and function in time-sensitive situations.
Extensive documented experience with all aspects of producing winning proposals for Federal Agencies in response to formal RFPs, up to and including Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs) and Best and Final Offers (BAFO) for federal customers such as DoD, FAA and others. Experience in leading and participating in Government source selections. Experience and understanding of the aviation training market.
Willingness to travel for business – up to 15%.
Computer Skills: Expert user in all MS Office and Adobe products, including but not limited to MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, integrate, and focus proposal development teams.
- Lead the full integration of all aspects of proposals into a cohesive, tightly correlated, and compelling value-added proposition by developing and organizing technical win strategies, past performance win strategies, pricing win strategies, and competitive win strategies into winning, customer focused, value-added proposals.
- Read and interpret customer requirement documents so that client requirements are clearly understood. Prepares work break down structures, compliance matrix, and responsibility matrices.
- Lead Proposal Kick-Off Meetings to disseminate proposal summary, timeline and milestones, specific customer requirements, and identify team responsibilities and roles to ensure effective communication and proposal management.
- Conduct a competition analysis.
- Assess pricing strategy.
- Prepare plans for the proposal development phase.
- Develop, refine, organize and lay out the presentation of the proposed solution; generate compelling text and produces clear value-add approaches, project management plans, quality control plans, and overall propositions/proposals in response to customer RFPs.
- Create proposal material; integrates technical, past performance, and cost/pricing volumes into a cohesive, tightly correlated, compliant, and compelling value-added proposal, complete with interior and exterior graphics and overall presentation.
- Identify resources required for proposal team and ensure all are supported for meeting requirements.
- Organize and lead reviews, recovery work, and final proposal production.
- Meet project schedule, project cost and resources, and quality objectives / demands on multiple projects, often simultaneously.
- Monitor, review, and direct weekly proposal progress from a top management perspective.
- Participate as an independent proposal evaluator in all major proposal reviews.
- Work within tight deadlines to accurately assess, analyze, target and allocate resources for the development of value-added proposals, realize the highest levels of quality objectives, manage multiple personnel and multiple volumes of proposals, lead presentations to senior leadership and other team members.
- Understand the various aspects of Federal proposals, in terms of technical writing.
- Write and produce final draft/copy-edited and error-free, technical-based solution materials (text and graphics) for complex customer requirements.
- Copy, edit, format, structure, and present text materials from various technical experts and incorporate into proposal format and produce compelling and attractive proposal presentations.
- Develop and provide training in proposal management for company personnel.
- Mentor company proposal leads ensuring proposal framework and compliance matrix are well thought out.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Employer Contact Information: email@example.com
Position Web Link: http://www.cti-crm.com