Black Hills Corp- Sr. Plant Administrative Assistant (Cheyenne, WY)Posted: July 12, 2016
Job Title: Sr. Plant Administrative Assistant (30511)
PAY RANGE: $20 – $28 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on July 20, 2016.
LOCATION: Cheyenne, WY
Oversee administrative plant duties including plant office, warehousing, community relations, and employee amenities to ensure the safe and reliable operation of a 24/7 power generation facility.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Generation Projects Engineering
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent the power generation facility in a professional, ethical, and high-integrity manner.
- Oversee the materials inventory in warehouse in addition to overall day-to-day responsibilities for the unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials, equipment and parts ordered by the company.
- Ensure safety-conscious processes and practices are in place for warehouse/store management including unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials, equipment and parts.
- Responsible for management of materials movement from suppliers to stakeholders.
- Responsible for periodic cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Actively own the total cost of ownership and cost of inventory for areas of responsibility while maintaining quality and avoiding any unplanned stock-outs and downtime.
- Identify process and technology improvements in the materials management area.
- Schedule and track maintenance material, including purchasing and issuing of materials for both capital and O&M jobs.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and contracts for approval in coordination with corporate supply chain policies and procedures.
- Assure that all materials are stored properly and issued according to company policy.
- Research and locate parts and equipment on an as-needed basis and work with the supply chain group to fill these needs.
- Be the primary interface/resource for all company support functions to include budgeting, accounting, time sheets, records and reports.
- Assist Plant Management in managing and organizing plant activities to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Assist in organizing and expediting meetings, including meeting minutes and providing administrative support to plant personnel.
- Establish and maintain the plant filing/record keeping system and plant technical library.
- Provide and perform routine administrative functions as necessary.
- Maintain an orderly paperless filing system.
- Answer the telephone and interact with the public.
- Type memorandums and reports.
- Record all daily plant performance data for the weekly and monthly reports.
- Organize luncheons and other business meetings as necessary.
- Communicate important information to the plant staff within area of responsibility.
- Assist in preparing annual budget for approval.
- Assist in preparation of monthly plant operating and variance reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must interact with assigned operating areas, generation staff, legal staff, procurement, and public in a professional manner.
- 5 years’ experience in materials management activities and/or administrative assistant required.
- Experience working at an electric generating utility preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with confidential information.
- Experience managing projects and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft, EAM and various other programs.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Familiar with standard accounting practices.
- Familiar with standard purchasing procedures, terms and conditions and Uniform Commercial Code.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to improve work processes across the department of project with potential division/corporate impact.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize issues, develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to interact and interface with employees at all levels of BHC in a professional manner.
- Ability to determine needs and priorities and provide work direction to others.
- Ability to perform complex analysis and provide sound independent recommendations.
- Ability to lead problem solving groups, develop solutions and implement actions
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple administrative tasks.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply