Black Hills Corp- Compliance Coordinator II (Fredrick or Glenwood Springs, CO)Posted: July 12, 2016
Job Title: Compliance Coordinator II (30496)
PAY RANGE: This position will be filled at a Level II, III or IV with a pay range of $48,550 – $102,600 depending upon experience.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on July 19, 2016.
LOCATION: Position may be located in Fredrick or Glenwood Springs, CO.
Responsible for compliance of system records in relation to PHMSA/DOT and state requirements. Additionally responsible for the success of special compliance projects through the effective implementation of strategies, processes, procedures, plans of execution, and other duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Pipeline Safety
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure proper and ongoing maintenance of systems records as they correlate to PHMSA/DOT, and state compliance requirements.
- Own and successfully execute the full scope of compliance oversight, including but not limited to the areas of CFR 192 Subpart H, J, K, L, M, and P.
- Continually work with operations management along with federal and state regulatory agencies as required through the normal course of business and during audits.
- Implement, and maintain regulatory compliance tracking systems, reports, and correspondence for state and federal PHMSA agencies along with Company policies.
- Assist with development and revision of O&M procedures along with other company standards as necessary.
- Work with region managers and their assigned personnel to address compliance issues.
- Primary contact for emergency response (ERL) process for assigned geographic area.
- 1-2 years of relevant professional natural gas experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Prior natural gas construction experience is preferred.
- Work experience within the utility industry is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
- Holds technical and business knowledge in multiple natural gas disciplines/processes.
- Moderate knowledge of Black Hills Energy O&M procedures, PHMSA/DOT Part 192 Rules and regulations as well as AR, CO, IA, KS, NE, and WY state rules affecting operational compliance.
- Under supervision, perform work that is technical and varied in nature in accordance with PHMSA/DOT regulations: Assists in the development of integrated solutions to resolve complex business issues. Follow guidance of more senior staff. Recommends changes in procedures. Operates with reasonable latitude for action or decision. Reviews overall compliance progress with management.
- Strong communication, presentation, database, and computer skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship through effective written and verbal communication.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Travel within geographic region (generally Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, and Wyoming), and occasionally out of the geographic region may be required including overnight and/or weekend travel.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply