Black Hills Corp- Maintenance Manager (Cheyenne, WY or Rapid City, SD)Posted: July 1, 2016
Job Title: Maintenance Manager (30506)
PAY RANGE: $76,600 – $126,400 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on July 13, 2016.
LOCATION: The preferred location for this position is Cheyenne, WY but the successful candidate may also reside in Rapid City, SD or Gillette, WY.
Overall maintenance responsibility for 132 MW of gas-fired generation assets, ensuring the company’s strategic, safety and financial objectives are achieved.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Plant Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Overall maintenance responsibility for Cheyenne Prairie Generating Station complex, consisting primarily of a 95MW 2×1 GE LM6000PF combined cycle power block, 37 MW GE LM6000PF simple cycle combustion turbine generator, and common facilities.
- The integration of a Safe work culture is a key responsibility of this position. Safe work culture will be achieved through positive reinforcement, strong communications skills, and strong teamwork mentality. This position will be highly accessible and approachable by all plant personnel.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance preventive maintenance plan for the complex, including monthly reports to CPGS Plant Manager.
- Ensure plant systems are repaired in a timely manner and that PMs are established and enforced so as to minimize forced outages.
- This position will be responsible for maintaining all NERC PMs.
- This position will maintain the management action items list to be reviewed and dispositioned in weekly manager meetings.
- Provide technical direction to enhance and maintain plant availability and reliability above company-targeted performance goals.
- Lead multidiscipline maintenance team to achieve company’s strategic performance goals from complex mechanical equipment.
- Work in a collaborative and positive manner with operations team to help ensure operators are trained and self-sufficient.
- General oversight and administration of maintenance procedures and programs, spare parts inventory systems, accounting and general administrative procedures.
- Maintain the facilities in conjunction with good utility practices. Prepare and administer annual capital and O&M budgets, financial performance forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and associated reporting functions.
- Work collaboratively with CPGS Operations Manager, Peaking Generation Assistant Manager, along with resources from other facilities and generation engineering team to solve problems, conduct demonstration tests, and ultimately surpass company operating goals.
- Develop and issue monthly operating reports.
- Plan, communicate, and manage maintenance activities so as to achieve annual company operating goals.
- Thoroughly understand and strictly adhere to all contracts, permits and other governing documents.
- Institute and oversee all facility policies, procedures, practices, and reports consistent with Federal, State, local and/or company guidelines.
- Interact and coordinate as necessary with other departments within the Company, including Generation Dispatch and Power Marketing (GDPM), Environmental, Regulatory, Generation Engineering.
- Prepare monthly reports and updates on facility performance.
- Ensure that company management is informed of general plant status at all times.
- Responsible for outage planning and outage management.
- Evaluates and directs testing of plant equipment.
- Oversees plant betterment programs, preventative maintenance analysis, and performance monitoring.
- Monitors all plant personnel to assure safety rules and OSHA regulations are followed.
- Evaluates training requirements for personnel.
- Supervises plant operations and maintenance team.
- Supervises administrative, maintenance staff.
- Coordinates with GDPM.
- Ten years of experience in power generation or five years of experience with engineering degree.
- Five years of experience with GE LM6000 gas turbines.
- Five years supervisory experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of aeroderivative combustion turbines and ancillary equipment theory, operation and maintenance.
- A level of advanced technical skills, such as rotating-equipment vibration analysis, electrical troubleshooting, etc. desired.
- Must be well versed in administrative requirements of power generating facility operation including basic understanding of contracts administration, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Must also have extensive knowledge of environmental regulation and permit requirements (or the ability to rapidly assimilate same) along with experience with emissions-reduction equipment (NOx and CO catalyst, low-NOx combustion systems) and monitoring equipment.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of operating metrics such as availability, forced outage rates, and starting reliability.
- Must possess a working knowledge of combustion burner modes and combustor mapping as it relates to acoustics and emissions impacts.
- Basic understanding of water chemistry as it pertains to cooling tower maintenance and tube fouling.
- Basic understanding of heat transfer so as to troubleshoot and diagnose heat exchanger problems.
- Will possess proven leadership and demonstrate qualities as a dynamic, proactive professional. Black Hills believes strongly in a team approach to leadership, and the successful candidate will share that conviction.
- Experience with GE LM6000 combustion turbines with dry low emission (DLE) combustor technology a requirement.
- Prefer an individual with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with GE LM6000 service bulletins a plus.
- Must obtain a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Capable of working safely in a plant atmosphere, including ability to hear aural alarms and see hazardous conditions.
- A strong understanding of plant operations and maintenance, with actual operating and maintenance experience preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal, including verbal and written communication skills; accurate report-writing required.
- Must be well versed in standard word-processing and spreadsheet software, such as MS Word and Excel.
- Good computer skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Majority of work is in a power plant environment consisting of office and field exposure.
- This position requires occasional travel.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Work is generally not physically demanding but requires the ability to climb stairs and lift 50 pounds and carry a few feet.
- Field work consists of crawling in cramped spaces, inspecting equipment, and working at heights.
- Able to see to determine plant operating conditions and to avoid safety hazards.
- Able to hear plant alarms, equipment condition, and to receive oral communications and instructions.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply