Black Hills Corp.- Continuous Improvement Manager (Denver, CO)Posted: June 21, 2016
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Program Manager (30486)
PAY RANGE: $73,550 – $110,300 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 28, 2016.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
Using a variety of CI methodologies, the Program Manager influences, facilitates and manages significant cross-functional projects to completion, supports project managers, and effectively facilitates change in the organization in order to increase productivity, enhance value, and increase bottom line result
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Snr. Manager, Continuous Improvement – Natural Gas Utilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review and manage program and project approach, structure, and charter through the establishment of project requirements and planning.
- Ensures completion of projects on time and budget. Report progress to leadership and team members. Organize and manage internal and external resources required to execute a project.
- Collect and analyze data required to assess project potential, make decisions.. Build and develop models and tools to evaluate and prioritize solutions, and measure results.
- Influence Senior Management, Project Sponsors, and others to ensure required support for the project plan and to acquire the needed resources.
- Train and facilitate teams in relation to methodologies and processes in order to actively identify, properly develop and effectively implement solutions.
- Facilitate the implementation of project solutions, communicate with and train impacted team members on new processes and procedures or provide train-the-trainer sessions when required due to scope, geography, etc.
- Effectively organize and lead broad scale/enterprise change management activities as required.
- Identify appropriate ongoing measures to insure success (KPI’s) for completed projects and coach others to do the same.
- Develop and deliver training tools and materials across the organization regarding CI methodologies and actively engage business units in adoption of methods trained.
- Influence the organization and impact of the department by promoting/maturing the use of CI strategies and tools with employees and leaders across the organization. Serve as change agent, consultant, and mentor to team members and leaders in relationship to CI methodologies and best practices.
- Develop metrics and measures of project and business success.
- Ability to develop detailed project business cases with ROI correctly identified.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate the use of a range of CI tools and teach/coach others on the use of a range of analytical approaches.
- Provide feedback to managers regarding employee performance and support for assigned projects.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and project summary reports as required.
- Continuously develop knowledge, skills, and abilities relating to process improvement methodologies, business activities and operations, and issues impacting the company internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Deliver results and drive performance of other employees who do not report to you, in positions both above and below your own.
- Build trusted relationships with employees that motivate them to think outside the box in their approach to wok based on asking the right questions and leveraging CI tools to bring insight.
- Three or more years of experience with electric or gas utility operations
- Three or more years of experience managing projects, processes or people in a related department or business.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading large scale/enterprise change management plans
- Demonstrated experience achieving results outside of your workgroup through the use of non-traditional or indirect management techniques
- Training in a classroom or team environment.
- Public speaking or sales experience a plus.
- Process improvement knowledge application through both direct (project leadership) and indirect (project coaching/sponsorship) means.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Accounting, Supply Chain, Human Resources, and other support experience preferred. Solid process improvement knowledge.
- Basic understanding of enterprise analytics and business intelligence.
- Basic financial and accounting knowledge.
- Compliance issues and process knowledge.
- Energy industry knowledge required, applicable areas include Electric, Generation, and Gas, and/or Utility Customer Service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of explaining technical and project related information to Sr. Management, leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Exemplary organizational, and prioritization, skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and make well informed decisions with little or no guidance. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively lead and manage a diverse team.
- Demonstrated success in process improvement or design.
- Demonstrated understanding of process improvement tools, and application in different/challenging business environments.
- Demonstrated success in managing enterprise and business level projects, people, and resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business, departments or processes for which you support.
- Strong understanding of data, statistical analysis and key performance indicators.
- Ability to learn and understand multiple CI tools and methodologies including but not limited to Lean, Six Sigma, or GE Workout.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and various specialized software/programs.
- Lean, Six Sigma preferred.
- Project Management Certified preferred.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply