Black Hills Corp- Electric Operations Supervisor (Custer, SD)Posted: June 3, 2016
Job Title: Electric Operations Supervisor (30468)
PAY RANGE: $73,550 – $110,300 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 19, 2016.
LOCATION: Custer, SD
Supervise and coordinate the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the electric system in the assigned area. Monitor the operation of the electric system, looking for cost effective ways to improve reliability and safety. Provide direct supervision for Lead Line Mechanics, Lead Service Mechanics, Line Mechanics and Service Mechanics. Responsible for contractors hired to work on electric system. Represent company in local community relations and economic development initiatives and projects, as well as key account customer interactions.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure work on the electric system is planned so construction and maintenance can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure customer service work is being accomplished in an effective manner and customer expectations are being met consistently.
- Prepare work orders for system betterment and road moves. Assist Operations Manager and area Construction Services Representative with preparation of customer work orders.
- Prepare and monitor budget and work plan. Monitor cost variances on projects completed
- Ensure work is coordinated between line and service crews such that personnel and equipment are utilized in an effective manner and customer needs are met.
- Coordinate with Operations Supervisors from other areas to share resources in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Coordinate tree trimming and preventive maintenance activities.
- Coordinate scheduled maintenance of equipment and tools used by assigned personnel.
- Ensure that construction and maintenance complies with applicable BHP standards and industry regulations.
- Ensure that BHP employees and contractors comply with BHP safety rules and OSHA regulations.
- Lead and coordinate safety efforts and meetings.
- Lead workgroup to continuously improve; identify and support project and process improvement efforts within BHP.
- Monitor outages and related metrics. Develop plans for system betterment and maintenance in high outage areas.
- Manage inventories.
- Ensure assigned employees are accurately inputting data for mileage, time, material, customer and mapping systems and correcting data that is found to be incorrect.
- Interface with customers and communities to foster and maintain positive working relationships and favorable company image.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive relationships with employees, customers, contractors, community and business leaders, peers and management.
- Five years of combined experience in construction, project management, operations and maintenance or other relevant field required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional relevant education preferred.
- Knowledge of standards for electric utility construction, methods and materials.
- Thorough knowledge of BHP property, safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of BHP tariffs, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of union contract and labor relations.
- Strong utility financial understanding and regulatory acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers, contractors, community and business leaders, peers and management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office and various specialized software.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies related to the electric distribution system.
- Available for after-hours call out for responses to electric distribution system emergencies.
- Could be required to accompany line crews to storms in other states.
- Other travel may be required as necessary.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply