Black Hills Corp- Internal Auditor I or II (Denver, CO)Posted: May 31, 2016
Job Title: Internal Auditor I or II (30474)
PAY RANGE: This position will be hired as an Auditor I or II ($48,550 – $86,250) depending upon qualifications.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
The Staff Auditor evaluates risk exposure and tests controls related to financial and compliance reporting, efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and reliability and integrity of data with the assistance and oversight of Senior Auditors and Internal Audit Project Managers.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Project Manager, Internal Audit
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understanding and documenting business processes, risks, and controls with some assistance and oversight.
- Designing and executing efficient and effective methods to test controls, including data analysis, evaluation of transactions, and observation of processes with some assistance and oversight.
- Documenting audit results in audit work papers that are comprehensive, clear, concise, and organized with oversight.
- Reporting audit results (verbal presentation and written).
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with coworkers.
- Reviewing work papers and providing feedback to fellow-auditors.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Company’s external auditors.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all company employees to facilitate the objectives of the Internal Audit Department and to enhance the image of the Governance Department of the Company.
- Obtain and maintain a strong understanding of the operations of Black Hills Corporation – including electric and gas utilities, coal mining, oil and gas exploration and production, energy marketing and wholesale power generation.
- Conducting special projects related to the continuous improvement of audit processes.
- Internal Audit Department
- External Auditors
- All employees
- One to three years of audit experience in a public company internal audit function or an external audit firm. Alternatively, five years of relevant business experience with a strong emphasis on risk management and an understanding of accounting and IT control concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), automated accounting systems, and internal control principles.
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and analytical skills.
- Quick learner – ability to absorb new information quickly.
- Flexibility / adaptability – must be flexible to changes in assignments with short notice to assist the department in accomplishing shared objectives and goals.
- Problem solving / decision making – able to assess information, identify objectives and develop action plans to accomplish those objectives.
- Judgment – exercise appropriate judgment in completing audit assignments.
- Teamwork – ability to work as part of a group to accomplish shared objectives and goals.
- Confidentiality – maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with sensitive information.
- Initiative / motivation – demonstrate enthusiasm on the job and a willingness to accept job responsibilities and new assignments.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is strongly desired.
- A willingness to travel, including overnight stays, which encompasses approximately 4 nights per month.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply