Black Hills Corp- Utility Meter Reader CWA (Kearney, NE)Posted: May 24, 2016
Job Title: Utility Meter Reader CWA (30395)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 9, 2016.
LOCATION: Kearney, NE
Utilizes handheld and mobile-mounted computer equipment to ensure the accurate and timely reading of the company’s natural gas meters.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for reading meters and recording consumptions.
- Maintain meters and appurtenance, general upkeep of facilities and minor tasks as required.
- Perform basic technical tasks and assist with installs, testing and removal of appliances, meter and associated electronic meter reading equipment.
- Other daily, weekly and monthly duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, other departments and management.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to operate necessary equipment.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to interact positively with customers and successfully complete customer inquiries.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Depending on work situations, travel will be required. Working out of town with overnight stays is anticipated.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- May require lengthy periods of walking, sitting, standing or bending.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply