Black Hills Corp- Financial Analyst II or Senior (Rapid City, SD)Posted: May 24, 2016
Job Title: Financial Analyst II or Senior (30446)
PAY RANGE: The pay range for this position will be $48,550 – $86,250 depending upon qualifications.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Directly support the Treasury Department in timely and accurate reporting of all financial data, including providing financial reports and presentations required by company management, regulatory and operating companies. Responsible for supporting Treasury on critical financing activities and the preparation of operating budgets, strategic plans and forecasts, and other financial analysis
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Financial Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate daily commercial paper and equity issuance activities and liaise with banks and internal partners.
- Actively participate in the development and preparation of annual budgets, strategic plans and forecasts.
- Prepare financial models to support financing strategies that include debt issuances, equity offerings, capitalization structures, hedging strategies, interest impact and other derivative financing options.
- Analyze, summarize and communicate the feasibility of the modeling results in support of financing decisions.
- Analyze, review and understand all components of Company’s debt and equity financing documents.
- Maintain compliance with all debt covenants associated with financing agreements.
- Update and maintain short-term and long-term cash flow and balance sheet forecasting and associated analysis.
- As needed prepare monthly accounting entries and related documentation for debt, interest payments and interest accrual transactions, hedging activities and capitalization requirements.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations for debt, interest and hedging.
- Complete monthly variance reporting analysis.
- Provide data related to informational requests from lenders, rating agencies, regulatory commissions and bondholders.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls as defined within Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for Treasury operations.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned, including support of pension and other benefits oversight and support of accounting and investor relations activities.
- Develop strong understanding of Black Hills business model; including regulatory principles and FERC and GAAP account coding.
- Establish strong relationships across the company to advance effective communication and coordination across departments and companies.
- Seek ways to continually improve processes related to the Treasury Department as well as the participation with all departments.
- Must maintain good working relationships with co-workers, employees, supervisor, upper management, internal audit and external audit.
- Must communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Work to create effective working relationships with external parties such as; Banking Institutions, Investment Bankers, Investment Managers, Regulatory Commissions, Analysts, Law Firms, Rating Agencies and External Audit.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the financial, accounting or statistical activities of a company required for a Level II position.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the financial, accounting or statistical activities of a company required for a Senior level position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in utility or energy related industry preferred.
- Competent level of knowledge related to business and accounting procedures and methods.
- Competent knowledge of spreadsheet software in relationship to financial and operational processes.
- Strong Excel and/or database capabilities required.
- Experience working with Hyperion Essbase/SmartView, Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance a plus.
- Experience working with a large accounting software system – PeopleSoft Experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Exercise good business judgment in complex interrelated business issues.
- Expertise in Microsoft Products.
- Ability to function as part of a collaborative team.
- Must have strong computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- CPA or CFA designation a plus, but not required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply