Black Hills Corp- Facilities Coordinator (Fayetteville, AR)Posted: May 24, 2016
Job Title: Facilities Coordinator (30457)
SALARY GRADE: $52,850 – $79,250 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 12, 2016.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
This position shall be responsible for all facility related operations for properties within the designated Black Hills region. These responsibilities are centered on the safety of building occupants, compliance with all governing codes, and providing a comfortable and productive work environment in an efficient manner. The Ozark region currently includes facilities located in Arkansas and Kansas.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Real Estate & Facilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Safety: Ensure safety of building occupants by maintaining and testing life/safety systems, and ensuring that the building is being maintained and used in accordance with all codes, laws, and regulations. Perform all activities in a safe manner to prevent incidents in the workplace and to protect building occupants, visitors, and yourself. Be capable and willing to be certified in CPR, first-aid, use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) device and fire prevention and control training.
- Security: Ensure the security of company assets through maintenance of a hard key inventory and control system. Work closely with and coordinate with internal security group to maintain a security posture as directed by the security group. Assist with the recovery and documentation of hard keys and locks. Ensure that all facility related vendors and contractors remain in full compliance with security standards. Work with and assist our security group with root cause analysis and troubleshooting to diagnose and correct issues with facility/property access points.
- Construction and Remodel: Responsible for administration and management of facility construction and remodel activities within the region, with a focus on minimizing business disruption and maximizing value. Manage and maintain professional working relationships with architects, engineers, and contractors as needed to complete projects. Manage the relocation and moves of employees, assets, and equipment.
- Facility Operations: Responsible for administration and execution of procedures and programs which ensure an efficient and well managed facility. This includes management of vendors and service providers supporting the operation of a facility, documentation and record keeping, implementing and maintaining a preventative/routine maintenance plan to preserve and protect Black Hills Corp assets.
- Financial: Responsible for creating an annual operating expense and capital budget and managing within that budget. Additionally, preparation of a 5-year planning budget for both capital and expense is required. Support in assisting business units with the same as required.
- Customer Service: Provide customer service to all business units and building occupants, providing a safe, comfortable, and productive workplace environment. An attention to customer service is important.
- Continuous improvement, both in personal knowledge of facility related matters, and performance of facility functions and duties.
- Partner and work closely with business units and other service company departments to provide the best service possible to our customers. This includes working with Information Technology, Security, Environmental, Safety, and many other departments.
- 5 years minimum work experience in a facility management role.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance and operation procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of International/Uniform Building Codes, Fire Codes, ADA, EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of federal rules and regulations governing regulated utility operations.
- Knowledge of reliability based maintenance strategies, purchasing and budgeting.
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide great customer service.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, schedule and manage multiple projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze situations, diagnose and solve problems with facility and security related systems and equipment.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with co-workers, contractors and vendors.
- Proficiency with Archibus FM or other similar computer aided facility management/computerized maintenance management system or building information modeling software.
- Proficiency with AutoCad or Revit software.
- Proficiency with computers and business related software such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Certified Facility Manager preferred.
- Ability to be on call 24×7 as required to respond to emergency situations and where business continuity is required.
- Travel is required throughout the region and company.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply