Black Hills Corp- Appliance Repair Technician (Papillion, NE)Posted: May 24, 2016
Job Title: Appliance Repair Technician (30433)
PAY RANGE: $21 – $30 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on June 6, 2016.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
Install, repair, and service domestic and commercial appliances covered.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Familiar with natural gas distribution system helpful.
- Install, repair, and service domestic and commercial appliances covered under Service Guard program.
- Promote safety in all phases of company operations.
- Promote division profitability through increased sales of non-regulated programs.
- Provide proactive assistance in the resolution of customer complaints.
- Perform general customer service activity including, but not limited to, turn-ons and turn-offs, replace meters, collect unpaid bills, investigate calls regarding gas leaks and carbon monoxide presence, etc.
- Perform on-call duties after hours.
- Perform meter reading.
- Perform some operations activities.
- 5 years of Appliance repair or HVAC experience.
- Technical training and/or experience in appliance repair.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in HVAC or appliance repair.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills essential.
- Safe work record and demonstration of a strong work ethic.
- Journeyman Mechanical License.
- HVAC License.
- EPA Refrigerant Certification.
- Must be willing to work assigned shift, on call, holidays and overtime.
- A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record is required.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Lifting – Continually under 15 lbs.; Frequently 15-30 lbs.; Occasionally 30+ lbs.; Carrying – Continually under 15 lbs.; Frequently 15-30 lbs.; Occasionally 30+ lbs; Occasionally side lifting.
- Lifting tools, equipment and appliances floor to waist, overhead, waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching –Above or below shoulder height.
- At times required to work on roof of buildings, climb ladders/stairs, crawl spaces, and attics. Ability to navigate uneven surfaces that may have clutter and debris.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperature climates inside and outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to be fitted for a use of respirator.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply