Black Hills Corp- ETL/Integration Analyst II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: May 13, 2016
Job Title: ETL/Integration Analyst II (30448)
PAY RANGE: $62,650 – $93,950 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 26, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Under minimal supervision, interact with clients and other team members to gather requirements for the analysis of business problems. Determine feasible solutions to problems and submit proposed solutions to management. Develop specifications, construct, enhance, and maintain functions, and install and support vendor packages. Develop programs in one or multiple platforms. Prepare and maintain application system and function documentation.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Application Development Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Define business user requirements on moderate to complex projects with some analytic design and data modeling.
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful implementation of designs and enhancements.
- Map source system data to data warehouse models.
- Develop and test extraction, transformation and load (ETL) processes.
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
- Work with team to identify and understand source data systems.
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business rules.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems related to applications issues, troubleshoot user support problems, and be actively involved with application performance planning.
- Perform assigned software development and maintenance tasks including development of function specifications, prototypes, programming and testing.
- Work with Technology Integration Specialists or business users to design and provide training.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution for the client group.
- Perform client training.
- Perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Stay up-to-date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Administers BI tools and analytic servers.
- Troubleshoot BI tool problems and tunes for performance.
- Develop multidimensional semantic layer and BI query objects for end users.
- Helps business users select the appropriate BI tool(s).
- Develop and manage BI training, documentation and help desk capabilities.
- Support one or more client groups including interaction across all levels of the organization.
- Work with and coordinate efforts across all departments within IT related to project planning and execution.
- 3 or more years of development experience in Java or similar development language required.
- Experience with extract, transform and load processes preferred.
- Experience building and supporting web services – JAX-WS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology field preferred.
- Experience with Business Object Data Services, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports and Business Objects preferred.
- Experience with MuleSoft Enterprise Service Bus preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with object oriented programming languages.
- An understanding of relational databases and dimensional database models (star schema).
- Basic knowledge of server based computing environment, including computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and middleware and database management systems.
- Basic knowledge of information engineering concepts, including business area analysis, business system design, data modeling and application construction.
- Depending upon programming assignments, experience with but not limited to programming languages including Java and .NET.
SKILLS/ABILITY/OTHER CHARACTERISTICS PREFERRED:
- Ability to work independently with business partners in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well informed of efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work within challenging situations.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply