Black Hills Corp- Corporate Development Analyst or Senior Analyst (Rapid City, SD)Posted: May 13, 2016
Job Title: Corporate Development Analyst or Senior Analyst (30449)
PAY RANGE: The pay range for this position will be $57,500 – $102,600 depending upon experience.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Responsible for conducting financial and cost benefit analysis, assisting in due diligence and conducting valuation studies for corporate development activities with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. Also responsible for special projects as requested by department management.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Corporate Development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the corporate development department by performing forecasting, valuation and scenario analysis.
- Provide ongoing support to BHC’s management team by performing various special projects as assigned. These projects will include various analytical evaluations related to electric and gas utilities, oil/gas exploration and production, coal mining and independent power production.
- Perform due diligence procedures as assigned related to corporate development acquisitions.
- Assist with integration of acquisitions within existing business units as assigned.
- Conduct post-purchase economic analysis on major BHC investments to ensure that economic and strategic objectives are achieved.
- Develop and maintain a system for monitoring corporate development projects and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a function filing system to retain accurate and detailed records of all projects completed or initiated.
- Support subsidiaries operations by providing financial, cost-benefit and other analytic expertise.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned by Director of Corporate Development and Vice President of Corporate Development.
- Assist with development of presentations and information packets that are presented to the BHC Board of Directors, the investment and financial community, and other external markets as requested.
- Maintain solid working relationships with key subsidiary personnel and members of BHC’s management team.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the operations and service company departments.
- 3 or more years of experience in finance, accounting, investment banking, corporate development or related area required.
- Experience in power, utilities and infrastructure preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or Engineering required.
- MBA preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of return on investment calculations and how to interpret the results.
- In-depth knowledge of forecasting techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of cost-benefit analysis applied to complex situations involving multiple scenarios.
- Broad business valuation knowledge applied to various energy industries.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and how to apply GAAP accounting principles as they pertain to corporate development activities.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Ability to think globally in relation to the financial execution of the Company’s Strategic Plan.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business information.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to create and support complex financial models.
- Some travel required.
- Valid drivers license required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply