NextEra Energy, Inc.- Wind Turbine Technicians (ND, SD, MO, TX)Posted: May 11, 2016
NextEra Energy, Inc. is a leading clean energy company with consolidated revenues of approximately $17.5 billion and approximately 14,300 employees in 27 states and Canada as of year-end 2015, as well as approximately 45,000 megawatts of generating capacity, which includes megawatts associated with noncontrolling interests related to NextEra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE: NEP) as of April 2016.
We have immediate openings for Wind Turbine Technicians in North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri and Texas. The position description is below.
If interested, please apply directly on our website at www.nexteraenergy.com/careers and/or contact our Wind Technician recruiter, Lisa Moroz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wind Technician Position Description:
Job Purpose: Under direct supervision, performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on wind turbines and other associated equipment. Understands the mechanics, including both electrical and maintenance of hydraulics, of all wind turbine components. Replaces mechanical and electrical components, understands schematics and uses appropriate diagnostic tools. Interprets fault reports, maintains power generation reports and service logs in computer database. Monitors turbine performance and SCADA systems.
Primary (Essential) Job Functions:
- Perform regular preventative maintenance and repair on wind turbine power generation equipment
- Perform electrical/electronic and mechanical troubleshooting
- Responsible for maintaining all company supplied equipment, facilities and tooling
- Basic understanding of the technical and process functions
- Responsible for own training schedules and meeting all training requirements within designated time frames
- Ability to meet attendance requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Ability to climb freestanding wind turbine towers
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred (not required) Qualifications: Associate of Arts degree from accredited wind technician program