Black Hills Corp- Regulatory Analyst II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: May 10, 2016
Job Title: Regulatory Analyst II (30441)
PAY RANGE: $57,500 – $86, 250 (DOQ)
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Directly supports the Manager of Revenue Requirements in all aspects of the regulatory process. Compiles data and completes analysis for all aspects of utility gas and electric regulatory revenue requirement function, in accordance with federal and state regulations. Prepares and assists in presenting information for internal decision-making and filings with the appropriate Commissions and/or regulatory body.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of Revenue Requirements
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support regulatory filings (cost of service, testimony, rate design, data requests) and ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Obtain, analyze and interpret Company financial and statistical data to be used in Company filings and studies.
- Monitor revenue requirement mechanisms / contracts and prepare updates in support of timely filings.
- Participate in the development of regulatory policies and initiatives that support business strategies.
- Participate in the preparation and development of new initiatives that increase revenue opportunity or decrease expenses associated with the regulatory process.
- Research and communicate the proper interpretation of rates, rules, and terms and conditions of service to Company personnel through written and verbal communications.
- Prepare annual performance plan consistent with job expectations.
- Support customer service with the implementation of tariff changes and/or new tariffs. Establish and maintain a test protocol to verify rate changes.
- Monitor, review and analyze federal and state regulatory requirements and industry issues for electric and gas operations and keep department leadership apprised of findings.
- Maintain department filing system in conjunction with corporate retention policies.
- Keep supervisor informed of project work status.
- Participate in various internal task force groups in order to develop and implement the Company’s strategic action plans.
- Participate in the development of rate strategies and rate design that will optimize company profitability.
- Participate in the development of communication plans to inform customers of changes in services and rates.
- Support utility efforts to respond to customer complaints to the commissions.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all employees, regulators, commission staff, business associates, consultants and customers.
- Three years relevant experience with utility rate application and regulatory processes.
- Three to five years of accounting or finance related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in rate cases, witness support, rate analysis and rate design beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Business, Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience required.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Proficient understanding of the utility regulatory process and rate analysis for both gas and electric utility service.
- Familiarity with cost of service studies, development of adjustment clauses, rate riders, or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and the ability to perform complex analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining project schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects in a fluid work environment.
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and financial software.
- Ability to accurately perform required tasks and meet deadlines while paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and enhance rate tariffs and schedules.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply