Black Hills Corp- Gas Operations Technician (Dodge City, KS)Posted: May 9, 2016
Job Title: Gas Operations Technician (30416)
PAY RANGE: $20 – $28 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 22, 2016.
LOCATION: Dodge City, KS
Perform general gas distribution system maintenance, operation and construction work.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Field Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Basic gas measurement regulator and relief valve maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Installation of gas mains and services to company specifications.
- Appropriately classify and repair gas leaks.
- Proficient operations of equipment and tools associated with everyday work.
- Inspect, monitor and direct construction crews.
- Perform and document pipeline safety maintenance activities.
- Perform other assigned tasks as required.
- Required to carry a company provided cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Scheduled on-call rotation to include weekend and holidays.
- Both internal and external customers of Black Hills Energy.
- Experience in natural gas system maintenance and construction preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Basic mechanical and construction skills.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Effective customer interaction and resolution skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
- Outside work/walking constantly, lifting and digging.
- Must live within 20 miles of Dodge City, KS.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Lifting – Occasionally 40+ lbs. up to 30 feet (rare); and occasionally side lifting.
- Lifting tools, equipment and appliances floor to waist, overhead, waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching – occasionally above and below shoulder height.
- Ability to navigate uneven surfaces to and from vehicle and site work, transmission line patrol requiring walking distances up to miles in all terrains, in all types of weather.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperature climates inside and outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to be fitted for a use of respirator.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply