Black Hills Corp- Maintenance Specialist (Ozark, AR)Posted: May 6, 2016
Job Title: Maintenance Specialist (30409)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 12, 2016.
LOCATION: Ozark, AR
Perform mechanical installation and subsequent repair and maintenance of pipelines for natural gas utility.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining and repairing gas lines.
- Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of distribution and transmission facilities.
- Responsible for inventory and compliance reporting.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, other departments and management.
- Interface directly with customers professionally providing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge of load sizing for measurement.
- Knowledge of operating cost associated with the equipment in area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals.
- Knowledge and ability operate micrometers, calipers, and thickness testing equipment.
- General knowledge of regulators and relief valves found on project lines and main lines and general meter sets.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Ability to interact positively with customers and respond to customer inquiries.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to hand dig and expose other utilities.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment such as a backhoe, trenchers and other digging equipment.
- Ability to operate pipeline construction equipment.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Basic math skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Read and interpret job related blueprints and diagrams.
- Job planning and prioritizing.
- Ability to estimate pipeline jobs, provide developer/contractor bids and complete AFE requests.
- Ability to coordinate schedules, safety programs & communications, and assist in qualification evaluation.
- Federal, State or Local certifications where required to perform work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- May be required to carry commercial driver’s license.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply