Black Hills Corp- Service Specialist (Rawlins, WY)Posted: April 25, 2016
Job Title: Service Specialist (UN747) (30390)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 5, 2016.
LOCATION: Rawlins, WY
Safely facilitates the maintenance and repair of company assets and repairs to customer-owned appliances.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of all gas facilities.
- Accomplish customer service, installation, construction, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting related to pipeline systems, measurement, appliances, and associated equipment.
- Responsible for sales, installation and service work of appliance in regards to the non-regulated products and services offered through the company.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, including, but not limited to excavation, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Locate and mark facilities per Company Damage Prevention Program and One-Call procedures prior to and during encroachments and excavations.
- Perform pipeline patrols, population density surveys, leak detection surveys and inspection per company procedures.
- Coordinate local Damage Prevention activities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Perform other assigned tasks as required.
- Must maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Both internal and external customers of Black Hills Energy.
- Experience in natural gas system preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high pressure system preferred.
- Knowledge of company policies and practice, regulatory and tariff requirements desirable.
- Knowledge of National, State and local electrical codes desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work from written verbal instruction.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Possess basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to work with and around combustible or flammable gas, liquids.
- Ability to interface directly with customers professionally providing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to operate construction equipment.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- This position requires the use of a self-contained breathing apparatus.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply