Black Hills Corp- Leak Technician (Monument, CO)Posted: April 25, 2016
Job Title: Leak Technician II (30422)
SALARY GRADE: $20 – $28 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 28, 2016.
LOCATION: Monument, CO
Accountable for Leak Survey cost/quality/quantity and assist with CP where needed. Maintain compliance with DOT/PUC Leak Survey/CP regulations. Assist with budgeting/operating plans, regulatory audits (Internal and External) and Safety procedures.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for Leak Survey / Cathodic protections, training, monitoring, design, testing, installation and troubleshooting for Colorado Gas Distribution Systems.
- Responsible for local implementation of the Gas Technical Services operating plan.
- Required to assist other departments as needed and time allows.
- Requires successful partnership with local network/field services groups to meet standards / expectations.
- Three (3) to five (5) years prior Leak Survey / Corrosion Control experience.
- Demonstrated leak survey expertise.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of gas operations.
- Normally works independently in an assigned area where judgment and discretion are required on a regular basis.
- Ability to prioritize a changing work schedule.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function in a team environment and lead as needed.
- Up to 50% overnight travel.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to balance and climb a variety of terrain in all weather conditions, use ladders, steps, getting in and out of vehicle.
- Ability to forward bend, sit, stand, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch to access tasks.
- Ability to lift floor to waist, horizontal, overhead and waist to shoulder up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull both horizontal and vertically up to 40 lbs.
- Must have normal cervical range of motion to operate vehicles and ATV (where applicable).
- Normal vision both near and far and including color vision required to identify signs of leaks, read color maps, wiring, and work with equipment required.
- Normal sense of smell needed to identify leaks.
- Ability to navigate on all types of terrain, in all types of weather, up to 5 miles per day, while carrying 10 lbs. of equipment.
- Respirator fit test required.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply