Black Hills Corp- Distribution Specialist (Clarksville, AR)Posted: April 25, 2016
Job Title: Distribution Specialist (30404)
PAY RANGE: $18.82 per hour
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 5, 2016.
LOCATION: Clarksville, AR
Facilitates the maintenance and repair of company assets and repairs to customer-owned appliances.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Gas Operations II
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of all gas facilities.
- Accomplish customer service, installation, construction, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting related to pipeline systems, measurement, appliances, and associated equipment.
- Responsible for sales, installation and service work of appliance in regards to the non-regulated products and services offered through the company.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, including, but not limited to excavation, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Locate and mark facilities per Company Damage Prevention Program and One-Call procedures prior to and during encroachments and excavations.
- Perform pipeline patrols, population density surveys, leak detection surveys and inspection per company procedures.
- Coordinate local Damage Prevention activities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience reading and interpreting job related blueprints and diagrams.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge of operating cost associated with the equipment in area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of National, State and local electrical codes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with and around combustible or flammable gas or liquids.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Job planning and prioritizing.
- Ability to estimate pipeline projects, customer service & repair requests, and equipment installations, provide bids and complete AFE requests.
- Ability to operate construction equipment.
- Ability to coordinate schedules, safety programs & communications, and assist in qualification evaluation.
- Able to interface directly with customers professionally and provide a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interact, leads, and motivates co-workers.
- Ability to represent the company through public speaking.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires the use of a self-contained breathing apparatus.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply