Black Hills Corp- Construction Coordinator (Frederick, CO)Posted: April 25, 2016
Job Title: Construction Coordinator (30417)
PAY RANGE: $62,650 – $93,950 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 28, 2016.
LOCATION: Frederick, CO
Accountable to coordinate, schedule gas crews, plan line crews engaged in construction, maintenance and operations of line activities; designs coordination, schedules and plans gas activity within an assigned geographic area; and/or coordinates and manages contractors.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for checking field sites and preparing field layouts by using Storms and Small World Systems for detailing project design, materials requirements and cost estimates; direct customer contact point, and interface with field engineering for planning and coordination.
- Company representative to customers within geographic area for the construction/maintenance of distribution facilities.
- Obtain customer load requirements and may advise customers regarding service installations.
- Coordination of after-hours emergencies including coordinating 3rd party crews.
- Serve as a catalyst to ensure all Needs Analysis Training is administered correctly to line personnel.
- Understand customer value drivers.
- Drive business growth in the operating area by pursuing opportunities in Technical Services.
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance programs and budget.
- Maintain all projects within budget.
- Provide input on Capital budget and forecasting.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with OSHA, DOT and State regulators rules and regulations.
- Must stay abreast and support safe work practices.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Required to be in supervisor on call rotation.
- Required to assist offices with CPUC and internal audits.
- Required to be involved with integrity management programs.
- Interface with customers, contractors, and communities to foster and maintain a positive working relationship and favorable company image.
- Company representative to customers, developers and engineers for the construction / maintenance of distribution facilities.
- Requires successful partnership with external audiences including city, township, count and state officials.
- 2-5 years gas construction operations experience is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of network design, standards, construction drawings and general system operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of network operations, maintenance and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of mapping and system design/updating process using STORMS and Small World applications.
- Thorough understanding of DOT and CPUC requirements.
- Ability to design typical distribution projects and apply rates and procedures to avoid downstream customer service problems, meeting company standards and company needs.
- Effective project management, planning and scheduling skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Demonstrate effective individual and team interpersonal skills in a variety of structures including traditional structures, as well as matrix/team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgment in decision making.
- Able to provide work direction as needed for Black Hills employees and 3rd party construction activities.
- Team player and demonstrate ability to effectively lead in such an environment.
- Demonstrate community involvement / relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, team and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences,
- Must be able to certify as an expert trainer for PE Fusion and Construction Inspections.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to balance, bend, stoop and climb stairs.
- Ability to work in both heat and cold and inclement weather on the a construction site.
- Finger/hand dexterity and grasping to handle office tools/supplies, keyboarding and perform Fusion/PE joiner training.
- Hand/foot coordination to operate motor vehicle.
- Ability to hear to communicate with customers and be aware of surroundings.
- Ability to kneel, squat and crouch to complete general office duties.
- Ability to lift horizontal, floor to waist and waist to shoulder to stock or retrieve supplies up to a 50 pound case of copy paper).
- Ability to flex and rotate neck while working on projects and operating a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work with fluorescent lighting.
- Ability to detect odorant.
- Ability to push/pull force up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods, bend forward, rotate in both directions to perform office duties.
- Ability to stand to perform duties as required.
- Ability to perform general office duties with clarity of speech, vision and walking.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply