Black Hills Corp- Strategic Sourcing Negotiator (Rapid City, SD)Posted: April 14, 2016
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Negotiator (30408)
PAY RANGE: $62,650 – $93,950 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 27, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Identify, organize, negotiate, and manage goods and services sourcing and procurement for the company. Negotiate and complete construction, services and purchasing contracts. Develop and implement strategies to reduce the total costs of goods and services purchased while maintaining or improving quality. Develop and manage strategic vendor relationships. The efforts of the negotiator will result in optimized vendor agreements / contracts and ongoing, proactive management of those vendors.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Strategic Sourcing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Source and procure goods and services for the company through the use of strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Identify, manage and develop key industry relationships and alliances.
- Approve bid proposals and specifications and present recommendations on purchases requiring senior management approval.
- Manage approval process for bid proposals and specifications.
- Interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bid and renewal.
- Evaluates overall revisions, price and past performance of each contract and approves price adjustments.
- Researches and evaluates supplier markets and makes recommendations for standardization and additions to Qualified Products List.
- Performs competitive benchmarking of key suppliers.
- Provides liaison between vendors, contractors, and company managers.
- Develop strategic direction and savings targets for assigned categories.
- Responsible for reporting and presentation of category spend and savings programs in addition to other written financial and administrative reports.
- Responsible for developing and implementing best practice strategic sourcing and supplier management processes across businesses and geographies.
- Responsible for negotiating contract terms and conditions, completing contract documents and process in accordance with corporate policies.
- Interface with key stakeholder executives across other businesses and geographies to understand requirements and constraints which may impact sourcing strategy development.
- Create a team environment through the communication of performance objectives, empowerment and recognition for responsiveness to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain open and timely lines of communication with all stakeholders.
- Develop, monitor and report on performance indicators.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity and fair and equal treatment of employees and a safe work environment.
- Represent the corporation at various community, business and industry functions to promote the Company image and foster a greater awareness of the Company.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor employees.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers of materials, equipment and services.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal customers such as operational managers, project managers and project engineers.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the supply chain department.
- 3 years strategic sourcing, commodity management, purchasing or contract negotiation experience required.
- Experience working at a major gas or electric utility preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or a related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology and approaches required.
- Contract law knowledge preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven track record in developing sourcing plans, leading sourcing analysis and managing to results.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work in a dynamic utility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees at all levels.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to business problems.
- Goal and deadline oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Certification as a Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Purchasing Manager is preferred.
- Some travel required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply