Black Hills Corp- Internal Auditor I or II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: April 14, 2016
Job Title: Internal Auditor I or II (30407)
PAY RANGE: This position will be hired at a level I or level II depending upon experience. ($48,550 – $86,250)
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
The Internal Auditor identifies risk exposure and evaluates processes and controls related to financial, compliance, and operational reporting, effectiveness of operations and reliability and integrity of information systems and data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understanding and documenting business processes, risks, and controls (manual and systematic).
- Designing and executing efficient and effective methods to test controls (manual and systematic), including data analysis, evaluation of transactions, and observation of processes.
- Documenting audit results in audit work papers that are comprehensive, clear, concise, and organized.
- Reporting audit results (verbal presentation and written).
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with coworkers (internal and external to the Internal Audit Department).
- Reviewing work papers and providing feedback to fellow-auditors.
- Overseeing audit projects (depending on level and experience).
- Conducting special projects related to the continuous improvement of audit processes.
- Internal Audit evaluates risk exposure and tests controls related to:
- Effectiveness of Internal Controls related to External Financial and Compliance reporting.
- Efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Reliability and integrity of data (financial and operational data).
- Security of information systems used to facilitate business processes (applications, servers, and databases).
- Safeguarding Assets (equipment, inventory, intellectual property, cash, etc.).
- Compliance (regulations, laws, contracts, etc.).
- One to three years of relevant business experience required.
- At least three years of experience in audit strongly preferred for an Auditor II level and one year for an Auditor I level.
- Risk based, integrated audit experience and experience assessing basic information technology controls (security, change management, and computer operations) strongly preferred..
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of various business functions and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic information technology controls (security, change management, and computer operations).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills.
- Organization and multitasking skills.
- Professional certification strongly desired (CIA, CPA, and/or CISA).
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply