Black Hills Corp- Dist Pipeline Welder (Lincoln, NE)Posted: April 14, 2016
Job Title: Dist Pipeline Welder (UN244) (30376)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 28, 2016.
LOCATION: Lincoln, NE
Provide leadership in developing technical and mechanical skills of assigned crew in the installation and maintenance of the gas distribution system, in a competent manner, to ensure customer confidence, satisfaction and safety. Train employees to improve performance; provide leadership in the absence of the supervisor; resolve complex problems requiring advanced skills and knowledge.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Gas Operations II
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule, perform and coordinate others in the installation and maintenance of the gas distribution system in a safe and efficient manner to comply with current company policies and procedures.
- Follow and promote company safety policy and supports training procedures for safe work and driving habits to ensure customer and employee safety.
- Contribute to department safety training.
- Encourage completion of recordkeeping associated with construction and maintenance operations to ensure that work done is accounted for properly and that accurate up-to-date records are maintained for future reference.
- Resolve customer complaints within company policy to ensure customer satisfaction, maintains and promotes good customer relations through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Perform other related tasks as apparent or assigned, including but not limited to peak shaving plant operation, line locating, stopping and tapping, customer piping, meter reading, chart changing, lighting appliances, leak investigation and pinpointing, plastic fusion, meter and regulator installations, operation and maintenance of odorant equipment and maintenance of facilities, to ensure efficient operation of the work unit.
- Read literature and maintain literature library, attends seminars and training on new equipment and technological applications to maintain and apply technical skill knowledge.
- Provide leadership in developing technical skills of assigned personnel.
- Train and direct welders in classroom and in the field to enable employees to perform to their optimal technical level.
- Give work assignments and does planning and scheduling at the request of the Supervisor, to maintain continuity, provide coverage, and to develop leadership skills.
- Must be in Special Welder classification.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Demonstrate high-level welding skills in the fabrication of materials required for the installation and maintenance of the gas distribution system and facilities.
- Employee must successfully demonstrate relevant competencies through assessment methods as determined by the Human Resources department.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Company Operations Procedures, Emergency Procedures, and State and Federal Codes as they apply to the work.
- Thorough working knowledge of company safety procedures, practices and policies.
- Must be able to schedule and coordinate work activity.
- Must have the ability to work with and provide leadership to assigned personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with employees and conduct field and classroom technical training.
- Must have positive customer relations orientation including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Must be able to pass and maintain certification in plastic fusion.
- Must be able to pass and maintain OPSO and API certification in gas, electric and/or wire welding.
- Must have a valid Nebraska driver’s license, including an appropriate commercial operator’s license and a safe driving record.
- Employees assigned to this job will be expected to establish residence in the designated location no later than 30 days after accepting the job
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Lifting – Frequently 40+ lbs.; Rare 80+ lbs. and occasionally side lifting.
- Lifting tools, equipment and appliances floor to waist, overhead, waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching – occasionally above and below shoulder height.
- Walking on concrete floor, and in all outdoor terrains in all types of weather, to and from vehicle to site.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperature climates inside and outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment such as forklift, welder, air tools, and power tools.
- Ability to be fitted for a use of respirator.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply