Black Hills Corp- Java Developer (Rapid City, SD)Posted: April 6, 2016
Job Title: Java Developer (30388)
PAY RANGE: Developer II or Senior, depending upon experience.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 18, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Under minimal supervision, interact with clients, team members and leadership to gather requirements for the analysis of business problems. Determine feasible solutions to problems and submit proposed solutions to management. Develop specifications, construct, enhance, and maintain functions, and install and support vendor packages. Develop programs in one or more platforms. Prepare and maintain application system and function documentation.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Application Development Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform assigned software development and maintenance tasks including development of function specifications, prototypes, programming and testing.
- Define business user requirements on moderate to complex projects including system design and data modeling.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems related to applications issues, troubleshoot user support problems, and be actively involved with application performance planning.
- Perform implementation tasks such as data conversion, software installation, and documentation creation.
- Work independently to define business requirements and support systems supporting business activities.
- Work with Technology Integration Specialists or business users to design and provide training.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution for the client group.
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful implementation of designs and enhancements.
- Perform client training.
- Under close supervision, perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Stay up-to-date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Support one or more client groups including interaction across all levels of the organization.
- Work with and coordinate efforts across all departments within IT related to project planning and execution.
- 3 or more years of development experience in Java or similar development language required.
- Experience building and supporting web services – JAX-WS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology field preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with object oriented programming languages and an understanding of relational databases.
- Knowledge of server based computing environment, including computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and middleware and database management systems.
- Knowledge of information engineering concepts, including business area analysis, business system design, data modeling and application construction.
- Depending upon programming assignments, experience with but not limited to programming languages including java or C#.Net or Visual.Net.
- Knowledge of Spring MVC framework preferred.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and other deployment applications: Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, Artifactory.
SKILLS/ABILITY/OTHER CHARACTERISTICS PREFERRED:
- Ability to work independently with business partners in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well informed of efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work within challenging situations.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply