Black Hills Corp- Customer Service Associate (Denison, IA)Posted: April 6, 2016
Job Title: Customer Service Associate – Field (30389) J
PAY RANGE: $16 – $25 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 18, 2016.
LOCATION: Denison, IA
Provide excellent customer service and response to customer inquiries made in person or over the telephone. Maintain customer information and related customer service activities in the Customer Information System. Provide support to the Denison unit and the entire Western Iowa district (Council Bluffs, Denison and Spencer units).
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Field Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accept and accurately process customer payments.
- Enter payments into CIS+ system and review reports.
- Resolve customer complaints, inquires and payment concerns.
- Perform credit and collection work via telephone.
- Effectively utilize specialized computer applications to make adjustments, review customers’ budget billing, set up new customer accounts, prepare accounts payable requests, etc.
- Promote Service Guard and other non-regulated products and services.
- Actively support the company’s safety culture and adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports.
- File paperwork and handle mail.
- Communicate via phone and e-mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingly assist customers and co-workers.
- Strive for continuous improvement for the work group and share best practices with other Customer Service Associates throughout the state.
- Actively participate in and support cross-training activities in locations with more than one Customer Service Associate.
- Two to five years of customer service experience.
- Previous cash handling and/or payment processing experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated team approach for effective problem resolution.
- Ability to accurately resolve customer issues in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Possession of a strong personal code of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to partner and coordinate with others to accomplish project completion.
- Ability to initiate appropriate action in emergency response situations.
- Ability to adapt to and promote change.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adjust pace to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work product.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated keyboard and computer skills.
- Ability to learn specialized computer skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to carry supplies distances of 20 feet.
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate keyboard, telephone and 10 key calculator.
- Ability to grasp or handle office tools/supplies/accept payments.
- Ability to hear communications with clients and operations staff. Ability to function without the use of lip reading (aid permitted).
- Ability to kneel, squat and crouch to complete general office duties.
- Ability to lift floor to waist, horizontal and waist to shoulder for stocking and/or retrieving supplies up to 50 pounds when needed.
- Ability to access supplies of minimal weight (less than 5 pounds) and use taller file cabinets.
- Ability to rotate and flex neck when assisting customers or working on projects as required.
- Ability to work with fluorescent lighting.
- Ability to push/pull force up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods, bend forward, rotate in both directions to perform office duties.
- Ability to stand to perform duties as required.
- Ability to perform general office duties with clarity of speech, vision and walking.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply