Black Hills Corp- Operations Analyst ll (Grimes, IA)Posted: March 30, 2016
Job Title: Operations Analyst II (30383)
PAY RANGE: $48,500 – $72,850 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 10, 2016.
LOCATION: Grimes, IA
The operations analyst is a key member of the operations team, accomplishing business objectives by identifying and solving business problems, resulting in optimized state operating performance. This person will work closely with the state leadership team by seeking out performance deficiencies and developing new best practices. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze and audit business practices, looking for deficiencies, failures and inefficiencies.
- Create models of each problem in effort to create solutions.
- Make recommendations and assist in the implementation of new / improved business practices.
- Evaluate implementation efforts, making adjustments as needed.
- Collaborate with management team and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Produce monthly key performance indicator reports with analysis of results.
- Create, maintain, and insist on a workplace environment that promotes diversity, safety, fair and equal treatment of employees, open communications and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Establish professional relationships and work effectively with other departments, utilities, trade allies, and industry and government representatives.
- Leaders within the state, including but not limited to VP, Director, Manager, Supervisor
- Financial managers and analysts
- Regulatory agencies.
- Internal and external customers
- Continuous improvement team.
- Utility engineering
- Information Technology
- 3 – 5 years of experience in utility operations required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering or related field / equivalent work experience is required.
- Analytical methods.
- Financial acumen.
- Exceptional math skills (statistics, calculus, etc.)
- Excellent problem solver.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to not only point out what is not working, but also what is missing.
- Ability to gain credibility of peers and management leadership team.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply